Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Bloody hell. Got a new job. Fwoosh. Phew.

It's doing process based stuff rather than front-line stuff, which will be different. Dunno. Phew. Gonna be glad to have something to do at least. The last few months there hasn't really been a job here to do - it's been drawing a wage, but largely being idle isn't a great time.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,304 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Congratulations.jpg

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Nemmerle Forum Mod

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Thanks!

Think once we get a good procedure up and running - they've not done this kind of work before in their company, I sort of have in that I've worked on very similar things - we'll be fine. Not sure what the surrounding job's going to be like once that's set up in all honesty. I mean, my experience tends to be that if you've got a procedure for something it pretty much runs itself, but it's gonna be interesting to see what comes of it, that's for sure. ^_^

If nothing else it's in London so I'll be putting a few more miles on the car. Help improve the driving skills a bit.

Gotta type up my resignation letter now, (without using any swear words :p ) wait on the official email with the offer in it, and then send it all off.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,013 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Congrats! I wouldn't mind working in London, pretty cool city. A bit expensive though.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,304 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Yeah, I spent last week working in London and that was enough for me.

But hey, it's whatever makes you happy :D London is pretty cool if you're comfortable with the large volumes of people.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Nemmerle Forum Mod

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I'll be commuting in from Kent. Which, ya' know, isn't too bad. My father's been going from Kent for thirty years, give or take, and he's still alive :p 

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,013 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I'm not such a fan of big cities and masses of people, but what I like even less is driving several hours per day to work and back. If I'm going to be stuck in a city then it might as well be one of the interesting ones, I guess.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#8 2 years ago

With reasonable traffic, it should be about 40 minutes to an hour. By public transport the shortest time to get there in the morning would be 2 hours and 10 minutes - assuming it ran on time.

It's if you want to go much deeper into London that you're really stuffed by car.

Sheepeep VIP Member

weirdal = new ptaq()

31,600 XP

2nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,948 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

I very nearly took up a job in London earlier this year while looking to switch.

...Then I weighed up expenses and opportunity vs the job I ended up taking, and it turns out that Milton Keynes is actually rather nice, and rather cheaper, even for less money. :p

Still, London has a soft place in my heart, congrats!

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Maybe we can get drinks Nemmerle.