Ryojin

lolwut?

536,504 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#1 2 years ago

...in my graphics thread. I'd like more comments on the stuff I post. Constructive criticism is welcome, I'm always looking to improve my skills. I'm also working on a game, and can give people a link to a very early alpha version of it if you want. It's a platformer type game. Side-scrolling, player has a melee and fireball attack, a few enemy types, some have ranged attacks and some have homing ranged attacks, about 8 levels at the moment, I don't remember if a boss is implemented in the version... I think there is one in an intentionally difficult level, but I don't remember. But please look at my thread, comment on my stuff, and tell me if you'd like to try out the game. I'd love some feedback here. :D

https://www.filesnation.com/topic/view/ryojin-s-showcase-of-noobery/

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,992 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,885 Posts

219 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Ryojin ...in my graphics thread. I'd like more comments on the stuff I post. Constructive criticism is welcome, I'm always looking to improve my skills. I'm also working on a game, and can give people a link to a very early alpha version of it if you want. It's a platformer type game. Side-scrolling, player has a melee and fireball attack, a few enemy types, some have ranged attacks and some have homing ranged attacks, about 8 levels at the moment, I don't remember if a boss is implemented in the version... I think there is one in an intentionally difficult level, but I don't remember. But please look at my thread, comment on my stuff, and tell me if you'd like to try out the game. I'd love some feedback here.

nope.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,504 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#3 2 years ago

You make me sad. :(

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,373 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Ignore him, he is a grumpy sod.

I'll do it! 

P.S. when the main site launches we'll be highlighting stuff like this.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,504 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I don't know what to use to provide a link to the game, though... If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,373 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Well, you could upload it to GameFront and........ oh, wait.

(I'll host it for you if you want though?)

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Ryojin ...in my graphics thread. I'd like more comments on the stuff I post. Constructive criticism is welcome, I'm always looking to improve my skills. I'm also working on a game, and can give people a link to a very early alpha version of it if you want. It's a platformer type game. Side-scrolling, player has a melee and fireball attack, a few enemy types, some have ranged attacks and some have homing ranged attacks, about 8 levels at the moment, I don't remember if a boss is implemented in the version... I think there is one in an intentionally difficult level, but I don't remember. But please look at my thread, comment on my stuff, and tell me if you'd like to try out the game. I'd love some feedback here.

I've seen it, it's rubbish.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago
Ryojin I don't know what to use to provide a link to the game, though... If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

if you're opensourcing it, then github perhaps. unless binaries are really big, then the binaries themselves may be hosted on sourceforge.

TrekkerForge will be easier to setup though.

and if all else fails, there's always mediafire.

Commissar MercZ

Notable Loser

300,005 XP

29th January 2005

0 Uploads

27,113 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

I lost focus after the first line, need a gif