ikharus

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

1st July 2005

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

what is the computer hardware that will be needed to have a normal play and a normal grafic setting in ut2007? -not maximum performance with maximum visulal details but neither lowest- What : -Procesor? -VideoCard? -amount of RAM? :)

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Er, well there's no way of telling for sure at the moment, but I'd hazard a guess that an Athlon64 4000+ with 1gb DDR, PCI-Express and a 6800GT should be able to play Unreal Engine 3 reasonably well. A 3500+ might do well too but I can't say for sure.

MagMower

Y'arrr

50 XP

10th May 2005

0 Uploads

215 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

im thinking in the area of a athlon 4000+ a gig of ram, and probally a 7800, because wehn they fisrt showed off the U3 engine, it was on a 6800, and could barely get 30+ FPS...

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Well, keep in mind that the finished game will be jam-packed with optimisations- the build on show at the moment (and especially when it was first unveiled) is very much rough-and-ready, so while the basic structure of the engine is in place it probably doesn't have many performance optimisations built in yet. While UT2007 will have a lot more going on in it than the tech demos, the technology will be far more stable so it should run fairly well. Not to mention that you can always fiddle with the detail levels, of course. The system you're thinking about there will probably get top-detail out of anything released before 2008. ;)

Draco_2k

A spark of freedom

50 XP

18th August 2005

0 Uploads

1,029 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

[Continued]: Anyone got an idea how much optimisations (code opts., options, engine specs, cvars, ...) would they put into the game anyway? I mean, you can run ut3 smoothly on a fairly low-end comp if you try hard enough, but it just won't fly for the d3; the id clearly stated they oriented on the high-end PC's, the valve did so on low-specs... what lo-to-hi pts. count would it be for ut07?

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Well, Unreal games have always been the most scaleable things available and I doubt that will change, but I wouldn't be surprised if UT2007's technology hinged on some of the features of the more recent graphics cards (I've heard some rumours to that effect). My guess is you'll need what's currently a high-end card (6800 or better) to run it at all, but once you're through that barrier you should be able to scale it to suit any spec, unless your CPU is like 1ghz or something. Keep in mind that all Unreal games to date have been far more dependant on CPU power, so you might want to just stick with a 6800 but get a totally killer CPU, like an Athlon64 4000+ or (preferably) a dual-core. Also, Battlefield 2, the most technologically demanding game to date, requires 2gb RAM to run at top-detail, so if you want to pull the maximum potential from UT2007 you should definitely keep that in mind. Oh, and just to reinforce what I'm saying about needing a powerful CPU, UT2007 has technology in it that loads parts of maps as you're playing the game, so the more CPU and memory you have, the more seamlessly that will happen. The point of this is so that they can make massive levels without an hour-long initial load or too hefty an overall performance hit, so it's definitely a good thing. I'm afraid I can't be specific on exactly what optimisations and cvars UT2007 will be using, but I would go out on a limb and say that it'd have enough scaling options to allow a 2.5ghz CPU to run it reasonably. You'd just have to take a hefty dive in terms of visual quality...

Draco_2k

A spark of freedom

50 XP

18th August 2005

0 Uploads

1,029 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

!(Excellent)!

Locomotor

in spite of erosion

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,490 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Yeah, I really need to upgrade my computer fast, considering the game is set to launch alongside the PS3's Launch for the PC, PS3, and the 360. From the screens and videos I've seen so far, I REALLY want to be able to play this game with good settings.

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

I'm not sure when the PS3's launch is but the most recent word from Epic gives a release date of Q1/Q2 2006 (which knowing Epic probably means late Summer), so you have around a year until you need to upgrade. Today's high-end components will be affordable by then, so the longer you leave it the better...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago

From the E3 presentation someone said it wasnt that much of a hardcore machine. so I guess it would be smooth playable with an 3000+ (dont shure about the grafix card, cause of the new shaders). Well it was the same fuzz about HL2, before it came out. And in the end i was playing it with my radeon 9100 pretty nice. So...we`ll see.