Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

** Greetings all Unrealers ** Sinji(DOG) has just finished the UT2003 (and UT2004) "port" of my map DmZahltag2k6 for the original Unreal. It's his first attempt using the UT2003 Editor - he's done a great job. Grab a copy of it, and please add it to the maps for download at http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com !! http://www.members.shaw.ca/marsclan2k3/storage/dm-zahltag2k6.zip Here's the Readme for this map ... ========================================================== Dm-Zahltag2k6.ut2 Readme Sinji's UT2003 (and UT2004) "port" of Buster's DmZahltag2k6 for Unreal 1

The "official" history of Sinji's version of DmZahltag2k6 for UT2003 ... * The original DmZahltag was created by Jergen Vierheilig in 1999 for Unreal 1. The layout of the buildings and the pickups was great, but the map lagged lots and the texturing was horrible. * The fixed and "final version" (DmZahltag2k6) for Unreal 1 was done by Martin "Buster" Balodis aka Sneaki_B in 2006, and is considered the BEST version of the original map. * It was completely redone - the entire map was retextured, perfectly aligned and compiled with "optimal" settings. It now looks fantastic and plays smooth. This project took over 190 hours of work. * This UT2003 port of Buster's DmZahltag2k6 was done by Sinji(DOG) - a friend of Buster's, and an active mapper for Unreal 1. It's his first attempt using the UT2003 Editor.

To install this map first unzip the contents into C:\My Documents ... Cut and paste DM-Zahltag2k6.ut2 into C:\UT2003\Maps Cut and paste AmbAncient.uax into C:\UT2003\Sounds Cut and paste DinoSound111199.uax into C:\UT2003\Sounds Cut and paste DoorsAnc.uax into C:\UT2003\Sounds Cut and paste DoorsMod.uax into C:\UT2003\Sounds Cut and paste Splash1.uax into C:\UT2003\Sounds Cut and paste Z2k6.usx into C:\UT2003\StaticMeshes Cut and paste Dino081199.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures Cut and paste GenEarth.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures Cut and paste GenFluid.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures Cut and paste NaliCast.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures Cut and paste PlayrShp.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures Cut and paste SkyCity.utx into C:\UT2003\Textures

If there's any questions about this zip and its contents please contact me ... Buster - KoR Gatherstone Designs http://www.gatherstone.tk [EMAIL="gatherstone@shaw.ca"]gatherstone@shaw.ca[/EMAIL] Here's a screenshot of this "classic" Dm map ... dm-zahltag2k6.jpg

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,150 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,140 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Did you submit that to UT200xfiles?

(I know, stupid question, but I'm a little too lazy to check at the moment).

And please attach readme's to the maps as notepad files (or word files) and don't post them here if possible. Thanks.

Congrats on finishing your stage though.

y0umebednow

Hi, im bored

50 XP

19th July 2006

0 Uploads

944 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

looks cool :)

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Greetings ... Had a problem with the FTP link to DL the map. Also, the map is best using UT2003. Here's the new URL for it ... http://www.members.shaw.ca/marsclan2k3/storage/Dm-Zahltag2k6.zip And here's a bunch of screenshots to take a peek ... Zahltag_0.jpgZahltag_1.jpgZahltag_2.jpgZahltag_3.jpgZahltag_4.jpgZahltag_5.jpgZahltag_6.jpgZahltag_7.jpgZahltag_8.jpgZahltag_9.jpg

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Hello ... Dm-Zahltag2k6 for UT2003 is now available at UT200X Files. It's had 45 DLs in 6 days, plus 7 votes with a rating of 9. http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/DMZahltag2k6;66589 With the Unreal Anthology coming out soon you can play both the Unreal 1 and the UT2003 versions - LoL !!

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,150 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,140 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Cool.

I had a organization epiphany, so I'm moving this thread to modding and editing.

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

I think Sinji is going to work on Dm-Zahltag2k6 for just UT2004, with the "real" sniper rifle instead of the lightning gun. (I just gotta get off my asp and mail him my UT2004 - which I don't use). Also, we've been talking about working on a "larger modified version" of the map, with more buildings opened up and a helicopter in it ... stuff like that. Plus, this time we'll try to keep all the textures perfectly aligned (some of them unaligned abit during the porting of my Unreal 1 map to its UT2003 version). We're using the "working" name of Dm-ZahltagOps for it. I'll keep you posted about its progress, etc. Oh ... and thanks for the nice comments and compliments I've received (via emails) about Dm-Zahltag2k6. "Thanks from Sinji" too. A few nice words make all the hours (and hours and hours) sitting in front of the Editor worth while. Take care, and keep your scope clean - LoL.

Quetron

USA

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

1,155 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Hey !, don't you have a "filefront" page?, awesome for map presentation, good place to keep all your stuff and have the map description and screenshots right above each map. I made a new gallery per map so each one has it's own screenshots.Might be another way, but this filefront ,hell of a deal IMO. Map looks cool, I dont do much ut04 but I will reinstall it, friends on my case he runs a server. Rock on ..................

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Nope ... no FileFront page for me. I'm VERY involved in the Unreal 1 community and have been for years now. I was the leader of MarsClan2k3, and now I'm one of the MAIN admins for the Klan of Rebels (www.klanofrebels.org). KoR also plays UT2004, as well Unreal 1 and BattleField 2. But mostly we're VERY much into the "original" Unreal. Besides KoR, I'm also 1 of 4 map reviewers at "Usermaps" for OldUnreal (www.oldunreal.com). For those of you that don't know about this group of peeps ... Smirftch and others at OldUnreal are the ones that are working on the upcoming "official" 227 version/patch for Unreal 1, with Epic's FULL blessing. Yes, the original Unreal is still alive and going strong. Besides all this ... I'm working on a new map for Unreal 1 called DmCastleSion, which is coming along quite nicely so far. I also have my own website for Unreal 1 with lots of mods, player skins made by me, scripts, UnrealEd 1.0 tools, map custom made maps made by me and others too ... www.gatherstone.tk !! (If a TK redirect don't work for you try using www.members.shaw.ca/gatherstone). The UT2003 port of my Unreal 1 map DmZahltag2k6 is something that Sinji did just to share a GREAT map with other Unreal communities, and it gave him something to work with while learning the newer UnrealEd. Yes, he was just learning the 3.0 Editor while porting the map, and I think he did a good job. There's quite a few GREAT maps for Unreal 1 that SHOULD be ported to UT2003 and UT2004, which Sinji and I have been discussing. Maybe he'll port over DmCastleSion once I'm finished it.

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Merry Christmas. Peace be with you, and God bless.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/gatherstone/card2.htm (click to view the card)

~ Buster