kokorami

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd July 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I just bought and installed UT2004 with no problems in installing it and I can't even start the game. I deleted all the stuff on my computer i didn't need, even though my computer if fast enough, and i still can't start it. There are no errors when i click it to start, but it doesn't start. HELP!!!

maffa

Not too cool, can't be arsed!

50 XP

11th May 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I had a similar problem and narrowed it down to an out of date sound driver. Don't ask me how a sound driver would stop a game starting but it did. Try updating it, who knows it might even work! Make sure you've also got the latest directX installed as this can also stop a game launching.

kokorami

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd July 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I have directX 9.0 and a standard SoundMAX Digital Audio driver... but it still doesn't work! CRAP!!!

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well, I recommend you back up all your "need-to-have"-files and format the entire system. Then get a firewall and an anti-virus prog. up runnin' asap. If it doesn't work then, tell me your system speccs and .. well, let's just keep to the speccs.

(System speccs being CPU manufacturer, speed, model, graphics card model, manufacturer and .. quite frankly - everything about any hardware you have)