Unreal tournament 2003 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

My game just started crashing after installing a dual processor chip in my rig here is the error message

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2015 MHz with 2047MB RAM Video: RADEON X850 XT (6734)

Negative delta time!

History: UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Any help would be appreciated

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Yep

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

I'm tired right now and busy, but I'll think of something.

Have you had this problem before when you played UT2003?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

Nope it didn't start until I replaced my cpu and upgraded to 3800 dual processor

unr3al

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th March 2007

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

"Unknown processor" might be your hint, if that's what the game says when detecting your processor. Try re-installing UT2003. Switching something as major as the CPU matters when it comes to Unreal Engine games, since settings are commonly stored in files it refers to when running the game. Remember that all programs need to detect what kind of hardware you have before installing them. If you change a major piece of hardware like a CPU, that could in effect confuse the game.

Try the re-install.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 10 years ago

Dude, stop, no reinstall. Not neccesarry. UT2003 is just another game that cannot cope with 2 cores. There are to be exact, 3 solutions. First is to run in compat mode with Win98. Second is after running the game, to select only one core in task manager. Third is to launch the game with WinLauncherXP |MG| WinLauncherXP 2.0.5 Beta -- With this util, select only one core for UT2003 and launch. It will launch with only one core. Good luck and yes, I had the exact same problem that you had after going to dual core.

unr3al

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th March 2007

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

None of the Unreal Engine games have compatibility issues with multi-core CPUs. A re-install isn't the end of the world, either. I didn't tell him to re-format.

"History: UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop" refers to the games tick setting. IE: When the world updates itself. It does this multiple times per second. Apparently there's something giving the engine trouble when the main update loop tries to run.