Barrett.50

GameLifer

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

[COLOR=black]ok here is my totally bizarre :uhm: problem I just recently got given UT2k4 we installed it on my brothers machine which is a mega super uber thing with a Geforce 7800 gtx pci express 256mb ddr3 graphics card and suitable processor and motherboard to handle it then we patched it all the way up to 3362 put the ece bonus pack and cbp2volume1 in and it's great runs fine no probs :) [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]but then i installed it on my system which although not Mega-Super-Uber ain't bad [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]AMD athlon xp 3000+ 2.11 GHz 1.00 gb of ram [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Gigabyte k7 triton series[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nividia Geforce FX 5600[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]CreativeAudioPCI[/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Install goes fine patches fine ECE bonus pack won't extract it's self automatically but I do it myself then run setup no probs double click UT2004 [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]icon and it crashes before it even shows the nividia thing 'general protection fault' :( [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]I do some hunting around and discover that patch 3362 is a beta and an unstable and ppl on filefront d/l site say it crashes UT so i think ok well kinda strange that it works on my bros machine but hey,[/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]I try to re-install but both the uninstall icon in startmenu and add remove :confused: programs refuse to believe ut2k4 exists in the end I have to manually delete[/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]so finally I re-install and patch up to 3339 ece and all get in and it works "great" i think test it in instant action and since it was 2:00 in the morning go to sleep, next morning i want to try LAN as that’s the majority of gaming I do[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]get into UT2k4 click Join Game and bam! it hangs mouse pointer just freezes[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]esc, enter, spacebar, alt-esc, alt-enter, alt-spacebar, nothing [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]so I ctrl-alt-del Task manager pops up over UT2k4 loading screen UT2004 is not responding it tells me I try to end its task it says send error report I say no and nothing happens in the end I have to click restart on my machine[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]to get out, :mad: [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]the rest of the game is fine SP Instant EVEN hosting over lan works but no matter what patches (i later discovered 3355 ) the join menu won't work, what is so special about the join menu i can't imagine it's driver related though I have put in the newest nividia I’ve not yet tried latest sound drivers but I’ve had some problems with those before not with UT but the ones I’m on seem to work good with everything else and plus I play allot of old games that don't like it too modern I think they are Microsoft default drivers 5.1.2535.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][COLOR=black]and that’s as far as I’ve got uninstall still won't work so I tried a total remove deleted directory emptied recycle bin re-started made sure add-remove progs had got rid of the UT2004 listing totally fresh install making sure discs where clean and unscuffed one patch up to 3355 after installing ece i also install the cbp2volume1 but have tried UT with only the patch and no add-on’s[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]it still won't let me into join menu the only time it will is when it's just UT2004 no patch but I refuse to play ver 3125 or what ever if it's now at 3362 :eek: [/COLOR] [COLOR=black][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][COLOR=black]If anyone has any info at all I will shower them with smilies as at this point I’d just like the solution let alone the game to run. :naughty: [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]finally I tried it on my dads machine which is similar to mine but not quite the same hardware exactly the same problem only difference is the uninstall works :confused: :confused: :confused: [/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR]

Barrett.50

GameLifer

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Forgot to mention i'm running WinXP Pro and DirectX 9c Sorry

Barrett.50

GameLifer

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Small Progress i can install all patches up to 3323 but any higher and the error occurs so one of the changes in 3339+ is to blame perhaps anyone know what that change might be and if theres a way around it?