Trojanman

Metal Head

50 XP

3rd December 2002

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Does anyone remember that great little mod from the original UT called Decal Stay? It allowed you to fine tune how long decals [bullet holes, explosion blasts, blood, etc] stayed on the map, you could even make them permanent. For people with kick ass machines this mod was great because battlefields would look insane and more like, well, battlefields. I would just like to know if anyone has made a mod such as this OR if there is a spot in the UT2004 ini file that I can mess with the get this permanent decal effect. And while Im bugging the community... why are the gun sounds in UT2004 so quiet? That is the ONLY problem with this great game! [That and that nobody has made a decal stay yet! :eek: ] Thanks in advance dudes

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Search the web for GibLife. It's a UT2003 mutator but it works with UT2004. It's possible to extent the lifespan of decals just by tweaking the ini, but not by enough to achieve the effect you're looking for.

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I don't like decal stay, I've got it on low, even though I've got more than needed for it to be permanent.. It's just a waste of RAM :/