Draco_2k

A spark of freedom

50 XP

18th August 2005

0 Uploads

1,029 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Share the experience! So... What tricks do you use in the (-ir)regular match? I'll just post a few pretty obvious weapons' strategies to begin with. [Call me n00bish, but why doesn't such thread exist already? Enchancing your skills all alone may be fun but ain't very efficient... And what's about the newbs?] Shield Gun - beign mostly a weapon of last resort, it's primary fire can yet be used to surprise the opponent just round the corner. The secondary fire is particullary useful for deflecting Energy Turret's beams whilst in Onslaught (no use against the Raptor's lasers though). Both require the ability to switch weapons -very- quickly (you guess). In general, may protect you against single mid-to-lo armed enemy. If you're running low on health\ammo and the enemy shows upright, SG can be used to protect the last bit of self while strafing to the nearest pickup. Assault Rifle (aka POS) - beign the weakest and the least accurate weapon in the game it's a good reason to look something else up. It's primary fire is almost completely useless even in close quarters, but the seconadry one can be used to pack quite a punch if you can aim properly. If the punk spawns right in front of you, quickly tap the SecFire button then finish him off with the Primary. Also, your survival chanche doubles (1,5-bles) if you trip upon another AR. Bio-Rifle - I won't be able to tell much about this thingie. It's primary may be used to slow down any pursuit, particullary in team matches, or, with enough skill, set up the deadly traps upon a bunch of enemies (the SecFire is your choise in that case). Alternatively, you may charge it up to form a big sludge and run in circles, releasing the Big Snot upon yer most hated player (the fully charged up BR sludge eats up one's armor real quick). Mine Layer - mostly used to trap vital places of interest in Onslaught or Assault. Can still an be effective dueling weapon, but the lack of ammo prevents it beign used in such ways. You might want to set the spideys loose in the grass or dark corners, so the opposing team won't spot 'em that easily. Take care not to kill yourself, 'cause the little fellas will suicide soon after. Shock Rifle - dunno. I personally don't find this weapon very effective. The primary fire rate is slow and mastering the Shock Combo takes skills. The last one may be used in many ways and provide an able asistance once mastered though. Using the primary fire on airborne enemies in maps with low gravity may be surprisingly effective. Link Gun - team weapon. Though it may be quite hard to persuade your team mates into "linking-up" (the link turrets are more responsive to the attention anyway). The primary fire, beign no hit-scan may be difficult to master and overall ain't very efficient. The skeletising SecFire is has a range limit, which prevents it from beign anything extraordinary. Minigun - this one can be quite a headache both for you and your enemy. The primary fire is pretty fast and and innacurate, increasing your chance of hitting the target and finds it's best use against non-armored agile crowd. The same goes for secondary fire, but on vast maps, where you wouldn't want to switch to anything less powerful (eg. Sniper Rifle). A great way of bringing down redeemers. Flak Cannon - a shotgun analogue - the primary fire scores to be the best argument at your side in tight situations. The SecFire may be very well used to disassemble enemies on medium range. The tricks include using the Secondary to surprise you enemy, tossing yourself round the corner, then jumping at 'em from where least expected. Grenade Launcher - To be sticked onto Goliaths and Ion Tanks. Or you may just stick all eight on your team mate and send him\her\it off for a parley. Rocket Launcher - "This will be a barrel of laughs!..". The splash damage is your best friend with this one. Aim at opponent's feet and you'll be fine. If you're good enough, you may still go for headshots though. AVRiL - not to be confused with Lavigne. It's only use is against light cavalry, and that's what it does very well. Sniper Rifle/Lightning Gun - the camper's\sniper's best friend. Sniping is art, so I won't be tellin' much about it. May only add that towers, rooftops, dark corners, out-of-reach places and prone (crouched) position is your choise with this one. Beware that firing gives out your possition though, so leave some space for maneuvers. Also, bear in mind that the only way to get rid of the invaders quickly is to score a headshot. Redeemer/Ion Cannon/Target Painter - then it's time for the fireworks. Make sure no one will interrupt you while firing though. And don't try to force the Redeemer's projectile through sniper's hideouts and minigun fans. Excuse me if I'm lame.

Nittany Tiger Forum Moderator

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
Draco_2k Excuse me if I'm lame.

No. Actually, this is a very useful thread. Bravo! I'll sticky it somewhere in the UT forums. I guess the reason why no-one has made a thread like this is that no-one really has took the time to do so, or they just haven't thought about it. EDIT: I might make the sticky temporary since there are a ton of stuck threads here already and it's already cluttering the forums a bit.

Draco_2k

A spark of freedom

50 XP

18th August 2005

0 Uploads

1,029 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Much appreciate it smilie.gif. Well, yeah, the lack of strategy discussion really is surprising. I wonder if anyone bothers to respond though. Personally, I'd pretty much like to learn anything new.

Nittany Tiger Forum Moderator

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I guess it's become more of a permanent sticky. I'll just leave it stuck until it needs to come down.

Oliax

I post to get attention

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

this is a great read :)