Genius wanted..Noting to do with UT! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 20 years ago

I play UT ALOT, i post alot of questions etc here, so i recon that allows me one non UT question and here it is........just how do you get microsofts USB steering wheel ta work with Grandprix 3, every time you go into the program yer have to reset the bloody wheel again, This is for my 82 yr old grandad who`s just bought the game and wheel and is really pissed...heres hoping. and another thing, you leave the USB wheel plugged in when you start the pc and the bloody thing won`t start at all, the pc that is!!!!!!!!! help. i`ve looked on some search engines and no luck so far.

joe

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

3rd August 2000

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#2 20 years ago

Hey why don't you cash in your grandads retirement money and buy him a real grand prix car. That would be cool. Except you only get one life. ....I have no idea how to fix that problem I suggest you talk to there tech staff. Is the device sharing with any other devices on your PC. That could be it? Personally I don't think anyone here will give you a straight answer on this question.

simion_levi

NXSecure Lynch Mob Boss

50 XP

7th June 2000

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#3 20 years ago

Straight answer; I dont know, because i dont play driving games-the real thing is much better: but come back after a day or so, and see if anyone else knows...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 20 years ago

i know its a long shot. he has an Athlon 700 with a Geforce Nvidia card, 128mb ram by the way. He`s actually spent 3 weeks trying to get it to work properly, theres some graphical clitches as well but i`m sure thats down to his geforce drivers and i`ve told him to update them.

DOGCOW DOG

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

2nd August 2000

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#5 20 years ago

Ask Moose.

Dolby109

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

14th May 2000

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#6 20 years ago

Try a better power supply?

------------------ DolbySig2.gif Dolby109: your friendly neighborhood Spidey.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 20 years ago

theres just gotta be someone who knows!!!!!!!!

Jeff Advanced Member

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️??

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#8 20 years ago
Originally posted by Harry: i know its a long shot. he has an Athlon 700 with a Geforce Nvidia card, 128mb ram by the way. He`s actually spent 3 weeks trying to get it to work properly, theres some graphical clitches as well but i`m sure thats down to his geforce drivers and i`ve told him to update them.

the origional Geforce has a bit of a problem with the Athlon on older motherboards, that maybe the problem. my suggestion is to goto support sites for your hardware and download the latest drivers. that includes your dirvers for your motherboard.

------------------ yes.

Product Manager | GameFront.com

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 20 years ago

THANKS, he`s got the graphics ok now with new drivers, i`ll continue searching about the wheel but its a microsoft one so enough said, i`m just a bit worried about his heart now, playing Grandprix3 at 82yrs is not a good idea, still, if it was UT he`d really be in trouble!