Gothic Knight

I like to pick my nose : )

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I was checking out a thread like this one, and to my surprise, almost everyone said that the speed is fine. Maybe they're just trying to sound like they're pros at the game I dunno but the speed is really not fine at all. Firefights between two people can last a while and that's cuz of double-jumping and dodging. Using those techniques can allow you to dodge almost every bullet shot at you. Then don't forget the fact that some bullets move very slow. Alot of people would say, "That's why it's called Unreal". Actually, the running speed is very realistic. Most shooting games have a very slow running speed and that is unreal. What Atari should have done is disable double-jumping and dodging. The Link gun also needs to shoot faster bullets. You can't aim directly at your enemy with that gun, you have just shoot in random spots. The game is just too fast.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

thats how that kind of game works. key word is UNREAL. unreal maps, unreal characters, unreal weapons, and unreal movement speeds. but i think thats what helps make the game fun.

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I knew someone would say the "It's Unreal" thing. All games are Unreal! That's a lame exuse for that speed. Are you telling me that it's good for weapons to fire slow projectiles?

insane bozo

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th May 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I dont know about you, but there is nothing wrong with the speed of the game. It might be that you arent very good at the game and need excuses why, but there is nothing wrong with the speed. The faster the better. Dont complain about a good thing

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Not trying to brag but im usally near the top of the points list. Even though im usally high, i still think the speed is too much. I mean, it kills sniping, u can get one hit but then the player your shooting at starts to jump around and go crazy.

JP(NL)

Flying Dutchman

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

8,315 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Gothic KnightNot trying to brag but im usally near the top of the points list. Even though im usally high, i still think the speed is too much. I mean, it kills sniping, u can get one hit but then the player your shooting at starts to jump around and go crazy.

sniping is for cowardly n00bs. plus, sniping doesn't fit the high speed action of UT.

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Sniping...for cowards, sort of i guess, for noobs, don't think so. Like I said, sniping is hard cuz of the speed players move at. It takes alot of skill. Im hoping somone will make a mod to fix in my view, problems.

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

i think the running speed is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast.. omg .. if u download red orchestra u will see how ut running speed should of been like.. i only play red orchestra now

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Imo, sniping is better suited to realism games like Delta Force. Most UT200x sniper-rifle users I know just use the rifle like an instagib gun- look ma, no scope. As for the dodging, I believe it adds to the game. It takes the emphasis on luck, because let's face it, anybody can unload a rocket into someone's face and get a kill. It takes a lot of skill, however, to do that to someone who knows the dodges. Likewise, it takes practise to learn how to dodge properly. The problem with this is that the learning curve for the game is incredibly steep, but once you've settled into the game it's all for the best. As for link primary, it's intended as a blanket fire weapon; for faster hits use the minigun.

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Now RO moevment is too slow, just alittle slow. I didnt like that mod, Then again, i had the beta. When's the final version out? UT thoguh, dodgin, is just, i dunno, i dont like it. Everyone seems to like it though. And if the game isnt made for sniping, why did they put in a sniper rifle??