Gothic Knight

I like to pick my nose : )

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Onslaught is full of idiots. Here's a few tips: ---If you're in a vehicle, go to any random location without being seen. When a player sees your "abbandoned" vehicle, he'll get close to try and enter it. Simply move alittle and smash him. ---If you a see a vehicle someone of the other team left behind, don't blow it up! It will just respawn it back to where it came from. Destroying the vehicle is a gift to a camper, how nice! ---When your at the opposing team's node or core and your attacking driverless vehicles, never destroy those either, they'll jus respawn to it's perfect health. Leave it damaged very bad so they have to take the time to heal it. ---Raptor campers, go fight! While your spending all that time camping, you're team is dying. When you finally get your Raptor, you only spend a few seconds using it since its constantly being shot down by Avrils. ---The Leviathan is the ultimate vehicle but sadly, it doesn't get very much help from team members. It's always being attacked by Raptors and that's cuz everyone knows that they can't really shoot down Raptors. What happens if a Raptor's attacking it? Everyone using the Leviathan Turrets keep shooting and keep missing. GET OUT AND USE YOUR DAMN AVIRL! The driver know if he gets out to do the dirty work, someone will greedily take the Levi. DRVIERS: Don't worry about losing the Levi to a team member, worry about keeping it intact. Also, don't deploy the plasma cannon just to destroy a node! ---Mantas can transport troops by having them jump on the fans. A good tip but rarely used. Remeber to lower the Manta by holding right-click. ---Bad drivers, if you know your bad, let a better player drive. Competition for vehicles is always high between teammates. Don't camp, share. and always let the better player drive. ---Last but not least, I call this one, "The Distractor". A very good trick and usally always works. Anytime in the middle of a game, go to the oppsing team's power core, make sure you go there before it's vulnerable. While your there, enemy's will spawn, get their attention. Notice how they'll chase you around trying to kill you when they know you can't damage the power core. Keep running in the core's area and watch as a newly spawned player stops to kill you. While they're doing that, your team is busy getting nodes. The only time to worry about these little "Distractors" is when you have good vehicles like Tanks or Levi's at your base, other than that, let them rome around your core. I hope these tips will start real teamwork but with all the fights between teammates, I doubt that'll ever happen.

MBO

Animated JK2 logo! KEWL!

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

730 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Really nice tips, congrats! About letting the better player drive, I'd say improve the driving techniques, by both playing Instant Action and Multiplayer. Don't just let the best players do the driving, but let everyone have their turn.

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yeah let the bad drivers get prctice too, but let the better player drive if it's one of those important battles.

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

***Moved from Unreal Tournament forum to Unreal Tournament 2004 forum***

Damn right about bad drivers taking a back seat, btw. Personally I don't like Onslaught but as an Assault player I can say there is nothing more annoying than having Junkyard's Hellbender occupied by a total dumbass. I've seen people do things in that 'bender you wouldn't believe: once some guy managed to drive from the last vehicle spawn point right back to the very first. Incredible.

Dreadnought[DK] VIP Member

Grumpy Admin

202,715 XP

7th March 2003

0 Uploads

19,294 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
Gothic Knight---If you're in a vehicle, go to any random location without being seen. When a player sees your "abbandoned" vehicle, he'll get close to try and enter it. Simply move alittle and smash him.

Interesting, but it doesn't work if the enemy has an AVRiL because with it he can see if the vehicle is occupied by an enemy.

MATTYBE

.:MATTYBE:.

50 XP

26th May 2004

0 Uploads

98 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

That's great thanks for all that.

I'm going to a LAN in a few days so i'll use that info

Cheers:D

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

You do that ;)

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Top thread gothic. Couldn't of said any of it better myself. ;)

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

i just thought of somethin, lets say you steal one of the opposing team's vehicles, does that mean the vehicle you stole wont respawn back for them untill it blows up? If so, you could steal a vehicle and then take it to where itll never be harmed meaning, the enemy team will never get it back! then again, it seems a little cowardly. Im gonna go test that in a few mintues.

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

If you abandon a vehicle it disappears after a set time. It's a shame, because that's a valid and very useful tactic in some other games like XMP. Another reason why XMP > Onslaught I guess. ;)