Gothic Knight

I like to pick my nose : )

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

"Silly pro, rockets are for noobs." Thats what i say, cuz i think its true. Rocket Launchers shoot fast, got splash damage, and are very powerful. You dont even really have to aim, especailly in closed quarters. Im tired of people using those rockets and most of the time i get killed by one...the other guy dies too so its more like a suicide weapon. What people do on a game of CTF is this: when you get to the enemy base, they use a rocket to kill both players with ease cuz they know that theyll end up at theyre base while you have to go all the way over there. Its funny, i was spying on the enemy base one game, it was amazing of how many people go for that rocket launcher. About every 7 seconds, somebody gets one. People use them too much. Way too much. When can we start using a weapon that requires skill, like the Lightning gun? What do u guys think? Is the the rocket launcher really a noobs weapon?

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Actually, it's a weapon that's great *against* less experienced players. If you can see the guy with the rocket launcher, an experienced player can almost always dodge the rocket (even 3-rockets) taking minimal damage; unless of course the other guy fires it at point blank range.

The only weapon I would really call a "noob weapon" is Flak secondary: it's basically the same as rockets only more powerful and harder to dodge. It's ludicrous how people spam flak bombs all over maps, and get the kills for it too.

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I dunno about that one. Outdoors, rockets are simple to doge, but indoors, the rocket-wielders go on suicide missions and blow everything up. As for the flak secondary, theyre alot easier to dodge. Mainly cuz they dont got much range and move slow. Heres what i like to do: Get some rocket-freaks to play a nice deathmatch game with no gravity on...they just dont get it! USE A DIFFERENT WEAPON!

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

There is no real answer to what weapons are the "n00b"-weapons, it's who wield them. I agree with Gothic Knight, that the Rocket Launcher is the suiciders weapon of choice. I have repeatedly encountered people showing the RL up my face and at the end I always find myself and my "opponent" blown away, making my stat bad and he's just adding one more death to his (Which in most cases are a pretty high number).

However, #2, I don't think that the FLAK is a "n00bweapon" in any case, mostly since there are only a few number of n00bs using it, and whenever a n00b is using it, he doesn't use it properly :)

Gothic Knight

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Dammit my internet connection got lost now i gotta retype what i put. Other weapons explosive freaks like to use are the Super weapons. Honestly, i think the super weapons are lame and its funny when players spend a long time just waiting for them to respawn. Those "Super Weapons" should have been replaced by normal weapons. Starting weapons need a change too. The assualt rifle is just too weak and its just hard to hit players with the grenades. They move slow while the players move fast and u need to get a direct hit. There might as well not even be an explosion cuz its small as hell just like all other explosives in the game. And the shiled gun...well....lets put it this way: I only see players using it when theyre just messin around. And that shield on it, it can only take about 3 hits then your vulnerable again. You might as well start unarmed. Atari could have done a better job on the game's weapons.

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

For your information there is a mutator which replaces the superweapons with a rocket launcher, which is used in tournaments etc. Besides, if you're good with the grenades @ Assault Rifle, it's not that hard since it deals out 75 damage(!). And the shield gun si fair 'nuff since you only need it to protect yourself 'till you get a decent weapon.