Gothic Knight

I like to pick my nose : )

50 XP

18th May 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I think we've all experianced the effects of a speed hack, great lag. What exacly is it? I heard it gives the player speed with double dammage. Another cheat also used is turning invisable. If you keep getting killed by the same person and never see who it is, it's probably that cheat. I've caught a few people doing it. In CTF games, i usally set my translocator to spy on the enemy base, ill look through the camera only to see ammo being taken by an invisable figure. Guess they didnt know i was spying. And when i say that there is a cheater all the sudden, at least one player seems to get real pissed off. The funny thing is that they always call you a noob. In one game, a player confessed to cheating then said, "Why do you think im at the top of the list? :) ". You have to question some players skills. Youll see that they have a very, very high score, are they really that good or is it cheating? Sometimes theyre score is just too high to be true. If you suspect theres a cheater and say it, players will then just cuss you out. Cheaters are truly the real noobs.

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Speedhacks are very hard to miss, but I don't remember seeing one since the demo. The most common cheats/hacks are aimbots, but they're very difficult to distinguish from a person with excellent accuracy- in my clan alone there are people with accuracy so impressive that you could be forgiven for thinking they're cheating. The best way to spot an aimbot is if they instantly get a bead on you the instant you enter their FOV- human players take at least a millisecond to react to someone entering their view (apparently it's impossible for a human to react to anything in less than 0.1 seconds). And of course, not only will they instantly get a bead on you, but they'll instantly start getting accurate hits too. Keep in mind it's a lot harder to spot an aimbot in instagib, though.

Ghost

Teh peach party 0wnz j00 n00bs

50 XP

1st June 2004

0 Uploads

1,335 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I dont see cheaters that often on UT. But in counter-strike:cry:the game is completely ruined by hackers. But I do like valves way of dealing with cheaters because there CD key gets banned for a year. I dont get why people hack its not like they get any satisfaction from doing good by cheating.

WarHawk77

Destroyer of power cores

50 XP

7th June 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Don't most UT servers kick and ban lamaz like that?

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Only if there's an admin on the server...

JP(NL)

Flying Dutchman

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

8,315 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I've had my fair share of speed hacks online... damn things lag up the game and get me killed all the time.