wardianmonk

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Please help - I've picked up a strange error. If I try to join a multiplayer game - the system gives me an error "Connection Failed". However if I spectate the game 1st - then press esc and join - I connect, however at the end of that map and attempting to change maps "Connection Failed" message appears again. Any ideas?

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

There are two reasons for this that I can think of: 1. While you're connecting to these servers, someone else joins and makes the server full. When this happens you don't get a "Server full" message, you just get "Connection Failed", which is annoying as hell. The fact that you're getting this with every server you join seems pretty odd, but try looking around for a graphical tweaking guide so you can try to decrease your map loading times (hence lessening the chance of someone else joining while you're connecting).

2. You've downloaded something dodgy. This has happened to me a lot of times, sometimes when you download a mod, or sometimes even a playermodel, it breaks compatibility somehow. To fix this, simply remove the offending item from your system.