50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

http://unrealtournament.com/news/view.php?id=2176

OMG... this looks sweeeeeeet as

Shot00004.jpgShot00005.jpgShot00006.jpgShot00007.jpgShot00008.jpgShot00009.jpgShot00010.jpgShot00011.jpgShot00012.jpgShot00013.jpgShot00014.jpgShot00016.jpgShot00017.jpg

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Nice pics! To those of you who haven't heard about this, Epic has recently released a re-release version of UT2004 called the Editor's Choice Edition, which comes with some extra content. So the fans wouldn't string em up by their nads, Epic has kindly released the extra content online, downloadable for free (download link here). Here's what the "bonus pack" contains: - 3 new races with 2 characters each (Mecha Skaarj, Necris and Metal Guard). - 3 new vehicles: Cicada, two-man air vehicle; Paladin, 1-man tank able to project a large moveable shield, and a 1-man artillery vehicle which I can't remember the name of. - 4 very gorgeous Onslaught maps. Okay, info time over, time for my personal comment...^_^ While I can appreciate how awesome the Onslaught maps are, this map has very limited value for people who (like me) have no interest in Onslaught. The pack doesn't come with a mutator to replace the default vehicles with the new ones, so it's not even useful for Assault (which is a shame because I'd love to replace the hateful Goliath with the awesome new Paladin) or existing vCTF maps. However, the new skins -Mecha Skaarj and Necris in particular- are very nice, better than most of the skins that come with the game. Yes it's a very large download if all you want is the extra skins, but keep in mind that they are very nice skins, so if you have a particularly giant hard-drive I would recommend the pack regardless of whether you like Onslaught or not. My big gripe though, is that Onslaught is the one gametype for UT2004 which isn't in need of a kick in the arse in the form of new official maps. Assault in particular is very needy of Epic attention, and Bombing Run is an amazing gametype for which no decent new maps have been made for a very long time. Capture The Flag is also extremely neglected compared with the lavish attention it got in the original Unreal Tournament. Let's hope the next bonus pack will focus on something that's actually needed...

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

*drewls* when I get home I'm gonna download it!

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,103 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Wow. I have words for it, but I can't type them here. Just let me say that they kick butt. Awesome. Gonna go download it. Blah Blah Blah its awesome.

Σl.Ðestructo

People say I post too much

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,449 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Vertigo that link goes to the demo of UT on beyondunreal, however, you can DL it direct from epic.

Its 85 meg. YAY

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Ack, took the link from the wrong news post..>< Thanks for telling me, will fix the link now.

(once it's installed, the pack is a lot bigger than 85mb)

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,103 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I agree with your 1st post vertigo (which I just read thorougly). There needs to be many more assault maps, with new concepts, vehicles, etc. Epic is only going after the majority opinion of its players, who like onslaught (and I like it too, but i like assault just a little more). I also think double domination is highly neglected. I particularly like that mode, but it seems to be the least popular one, and there are no new maps for it (but i don't play it any online on UT2K4). Bombing run is great too, but i don't like CTF sorry.

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I'm a lamer and only like DM/TDM/CTF, but I like playing AS/BR once in a while, I LOVE TDM/DM. I think it's good ONS sells more UT copies, but I find it annoying when the only-ons-playing people whines about DM (this is waaaay off-topic).

Still, they should add more of DDOM/AS and BR since they haven't had many (if any, I'm badly informed), map packages