*Soviet.Power

Ex-MøđęRāŧǿr ø₣ Geňęrāł Gāmíňĝ

91,380 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Are there any programs that you can use to record videos of UT2004 games?? And can also be used to play back the videos you record?? Thanks for your help guys.

Σl.Ðestructo

People say I post too much

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,449 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

hey, this might be what you're lookin for, but maybe not, its called fraps and i can't remember where i got it from. u can use shortcut keys to start/stop recording, and it's only 57kb .... hope u got a big harddrive though, they files it makes are huge, unless i just haven't worked out compressing options yet.. when i tried it, it made a 6 minute test of IL-2...180meg....:0wned: if you or anyone knows something better , let me kno,

Moffia

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
El_Destructo if you or anyone knows something better , let me kno,

well, here is a newer version with sound ;) well, there is a Fraps 2.2.4 but i only can find the demo, this version is the highest FULL version i founded, its really the best Fraps! the link only work on Dutch time (1+ GMT) and u need WinRAR to and Admin Rights, the site: 80.61.196.166/roy

*Soviet.Power

Ex-MøđęRāŧǿr ø₣ Geňęrāł Gāmíňĝ

91,380 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

ok, thanks guys, i'm checking out FRAPS. My HD is 160GB, so it should be big enough to hold only 1 or 2 longish videos of our clan playing.

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Why aren't you just recording normally? I hope you know that you can record in-game without any third-party programs. In case you don't know, the command is following:

demorec "video-name" in the console, or you can press TAB (by default) and the "small console" shows, just in case you don't know your own console button. (I can't explain it since my keyboard is quite different from yours, you don't have the letter æ, ø, å).

to stop a demo write demostop or stopdemo (can't remember). Hope it helps, oh and to view a demo just select Community -> Demos from the main menu

- BeaST ouT! ;>

Kuba17

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

5th April 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

i love you

Kuba17

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

5th April 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I dont know how to edit posts so ill make another

btw how do you watcyh the videos you record ,for the demorec in console:confused:

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

-playdemo "demoname", -playdem "demoname", -demoplay "demoname" ~ lol one of those, since I don't know which one (I usually watch the demos by clicking Community->Demos->Watch from the main menu :))

technerd89

Problem Solver

50 XP

16th November 2004

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

You can also watch demos by starting UT, clicking on the Community Tab, and selecting "Demos" at the top next to "movies" and "Ownage Maps" All demos you have recorded through the console should be saved to a folder in your UT2004 folder called "Demos". You can also download demos of great players and put them in this folder, then start UT and watch the demos through UT. You don't have to open the console and type in all the commands. There is a place to do it from inside UT in the Community Tab.

Sh0wdowN

Skeptic Extraordinaire.

50 XP

31st December 2003

0 Uploads

7,942 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
GumbypantsYou can also watch demos by starting UT, clicking on the Community Tab, and selecting "Demos" at the top next to "movies" and "Ownage Maps".

Yeah, that was kinda what I said :/