NeoFX

Doom3r

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

You can all see it im sure... Look at this game graphics and performance wise. It both has very sharp textures and models and still plays perfectly for all ranges of computers... Then look at games like BFV and Far Cry(this one is a bit more advanced). They both look about the same or maybe a bit better but they play half as good... What makes this game play so well? It obviously runs good on nVidia cards but ATI users still get amazing performance... I think the UT series has the best engine evar... :)

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I have to agree, i don't have the game yet, however i heard about how good the graphics are and how it doesn't use to many resources.

DarkWolverine

iM Skiz0fRenic And So am i

50 XP

2nd December 2003

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

wish i could say the same thing, most of the mods have pretty stable fps, but in ons its a different story, well fo me anyways. get high framerate in most mods but they drop allot and not a lil bit but mostly itll drop by half. but it has idd pretty kewl gfx and stuff, but not for a wide range of machines tho.

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Yeah, it's defenately the engine. Basically, it's the developers knowing what they're actually doing lol. I think its because the developers want everyone who wants to play it, be able to so they configured their engine to work well with most systems. The same goes for net play, they aren't evil bastards like Valve because they want to give peeps on slow(er) connections (i.e 56k'ers) a chance to play too. (Steam doesnt like 56k'ers...)

_Sharky_

Blowing Bubbles.

50 XP

29th March 2004

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

awesome coding... lol

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

All hail Digital Extremes - The Developer that cares for their gamers ! :bows:

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Well the current Unreal engine is a year and a half old now, so no it's not designed to run on a wide range of systems, it's just that the hardware standard has caught up with the tech. Having said that, while only reasonably good setups will be able to run the game properly at high detail levels, UT2004 does run on more computers than the game was originally intended for, as it now supports software rendering. Whether it will work on my mate's computer, a Dell with unknown (but pretty damn low) specs and a non-brand graphics card, is another question entirely... :edit: and Epic cares too Mex :P

Boss

Russian that lives in Canada

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

my game dont run well, it freezes... now i cant even play it because my comp is broken.. ordering a new one!!! loooking forward to plat ut with no freezes and no lag..cant wait..