coldmeat

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2005

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

the mouse+keyboard combo is by far the best controls for first person games like ut, anything else sucks cause theres always that little spot you cant aim at

tezzanator

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

-snip-

Vertigo

Heel commentator

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Oh dear. Assuming you're playing UT2003/4, you *really* need to have middle-mouse bound to Jump instead of Forward, you can't really expect to survive with it bound to Space.

Mr. Happy123

Life's Short, Play ut2004

50 XP

31st January 2005

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

I've tryied joypads, two words,,,,,They suck. Keyboard and mouse is the only way, ut2004 will play properly and smoothly. I do recommend replacing you standard mouse to an 8 button mouse. I got Logitech's Mx510. For something under $50, it is more than worth it. See a review at MaximumPC. http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/mice_keyboards/review_2004-06-17.html

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#15 15 years ago

I tried a joypad on timesplitters 2 (obviously on a PS2) once. IT SUCKED. The aiming just didn't feel right, and moving about was hell. This was probably because I aim with a mouse when playing utk4/jedi academy, but still...

As you can guess, I prefer a keyboard.

Nittany Tiger Forum Moderator

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

Well, for computer games, nothing beats a keyboard and mouse. You can pretty much aim like you actually had the weapon with the mouse. Joypads are ok, and joysticks would be very hard to use for a shooter.

For console games, the answer is pretty much the same, but I have only used a USB mouse once on a console, and for nothing real important. So, I am used to the joypad for console games, so I have not really had a chance to test out a keyboard and mouse configuration for console games.

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago
Killer KyleWell, for computer games, nothing beats a keyboard and mouse.

:agreed

I always use a keyboard and mouse for every computer game I play. I would find it extremely awkward (nearly impossible, in fact) to use a gamepad or joystick on such a game.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#18 15 years ago
VertigoEr... you do know you can rebind your controls, right? I don't think I even use my ctrl key. Mouse+keyboard is by far the best interface for shooters.

Keyboard and mouse are much better than joystick because... instead of having only the joystick controls you can interact with the whole mappleased.gif pleased.gif pleased.gif pleased.gif pleased.gif :beer: