Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

UT2004 is one of the most played games out there. As a matter of fact, UT99 is still widely played dispite its obvious aging. So whats up with the forums? No ones talking about UT over here..... why?

Sneaki_B

Buster

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Also, believe it or not, there is a fairly active Unreal 1 community still. I know this for a fact. I still make maps with Unreal 1 which are ported to UT2004, I'm a "moderator" for the UEditor 1, etc etc. So, if the UT community isn't here, that's because the staff is too busy providing the support for UT2004, just as others are busy with the other games/versions. Being involved with a gaming community (as a designer, moderator, server admin, etc) takes alot of time, work and money (out of a peep's own pocket). So, sometimes the "older" versions of a game have to be dropped to free up time to more fully support the "newer" versions. I've found that being VERY involved in a gaming community quickly becomes a 2nd full-time job. I put in at least 35+ hours a week just being "support staff" at a UnrealEd forum for Unreal 1 and working on my own mapping projects. And most weeks that doesn't leave me any time to PLAY the game, except for "testing" maps I'm writing a review on. Just something to think about, eh.

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Yeah, I meant Unreal in general... any Unreal game, because none have active communities here... anyway.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised that there is a large Unreal1 community. But I wouldn't know, aside from Unreal 2, Unreal 1 is the only Unreal game I don't have. I even bought the first UC as a crappy PC to Xbox port. (The second UC was good though.)

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

I mostly just play with bots..I don't go online much sadly :(. I remember there use to be some zombie-survival mod...it was really well done and really fun..but never had any servers online. Killing something I think its name was.. Is normal UT2004 really still active online? I haven't checked in ages.

Undertaker547

Kickin @$$ one forum at a time

50 XP

31st July 2007

0 Uploads

149 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

yea its pretty active.and the mods called Killing Floor.i think they have a new version out now.

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Killing Floor always looked awesome to me, but it never worked for me :(

UT2004 is very active online. I still play online alot, its fun. You'll find the most active things to be invasion, racing, and trials, the latter two found by searching for assault.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Trials piss me off.

Anyway, wait until UT3 comes out, then this place will explode.

Sneaki, do you do UT2004 level editing?

Undertaker547

Kickin @$$ one forum at a time

50 XP

31st July 2007

0 Uploads

149 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

whats weird is it has the same level of graphics as Halo 2,yet so far its not comin out for Vista.

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

UT3, I'd rather it not realease on Vista than be Vista exclusive. Lol, you don't like Trials Kyle? Ok, Trials suck in comparison to Bunny Tracks, UT99's trials. Those were awesome.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Trials always annoyed me. Required doing tricks that were very hard to performed. Most of them turned UT into a platform game.

I like the races, though.

By the way, does anyone here do coding or level editing?