Shibbywrd

all yur stalker r belong 2 me

50 XP

30th June 2005

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Can someone please inform me of UMOD mods, cause i download them but dont have a freakin clue what to do with them. do I need some kind of tools to make it work? or what? please help for im rather stupid... thanks for you's time :D p.s. I has a crayon :saber:

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#2 12 years ago

You should just be able to double-click it and it will install the contents, although if you have multiple Unreal games installed it might get confused.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

UMODS are auto-installers that install all of the files to their required foldiers. Takes the work out of mod/map/etc. installation.

Kouen does have a point about the UMOD becoming confused if you have multiple UTs installed, but this will most likely happen if you have UT2003 and UT2004 installed simultaneously, since they have pretty much identical folder setups (and run off of the same stuff corewise). In reality, UT2K4 is an expansion of UT2K3.

Shibbywrd

50 XP

30th June 2005

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Well I only have 2k4 installed, I have 2k3 but havnt played it in years... So, your tellin me that I just Double click the Umod item and it does all the work for me? kinda like a .exe?

Shibbywrd

50 XP

30th June 2005

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Ok i tried double clickin it and it asked me what do I want to open it with...So... What do I open it with?

CloneWarrior90

Gametoast For The Win!

50 XP

5th November 2006

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

You open it up with your UT2004 setup file located in- UT2004/System folder

Where ever you installed UT2004 at go to the directory, go into your systems folder, and there should be a 'setup' file. Open your UMODs with that. If it's a UT4mod that is.

Edit- If I remember correctly I mean.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

If you cannot get it installed by double clicking it, type in the following in a command prompt, this is what I would type in. But your source folder may be different. I will use the Satore Monster Pack v. 1.11 as an example. I saved it in the My Documents folder. So if you save the UMod to another folder change the name accordingly. "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 2004\System\Setup.exe" install "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\satoremonsterpackversion111\satoreMonsterPackVersion111.ut4mod" You must use the quote marks, this works for all umod files. Hope this helps.

Shibbywrd

50 XP

30th June 2005

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Heh, Thanks for your guy's help. I think the problem I had was that it was a bad file after I looked into a little more. Luck have it I found a good program for extracting UMOD's called "UMOD Extractor", It lets you extract the mods manualy. for Future use if anyone ever has a bad UMOD file use this Program Download Link: http://ut.gamer.hr/alls_cms/modules/download_center/uploads/UMOD_Extractor_2.0.zip

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Why? I think UMODs are much better. Using them allow you to install and delete mods as you see fit. If you wanted to delete something you installed manually than you'll have to look in all the folders for the files that came with it. UMOD's take the hassle out of installing for UT in my opinion.

BTW, my UMODs never get confused, even when I had all 3 UT's on my PC at the same time. I mean it does prompt you for which folder to put the things in. If it does get confused and says C:\UT2003 and you wanted to put it on 2004 than just change it to C:/UT2004, then when it installs it'll look for the folders like C:/UT2004/System and C:/UT2004/Texture, and if it doesn't find those directoies it looks for than it creates them. (This happens with TC [Total Conversions] because they have special directories like C:/UT2004/Muralis/System rather than the normal folders.)

Dragon-Shade09

Burning a flame we call "Life&amp ;am p;quo t;

50 XP

22nd October 2006

0 Uploads

174 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

I think what he means by "confused" is that........like for example UT99 installed Tacticle Ops. installed when you go to uninstall to delete UMOD instlled thing or the game it might and probably will have the Tacticle ops. logo instead of the "Unreal Tournament" logo.