D-O-G]WARDOG

the war is not over yet

50 XP

31st January 2007

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hello, my name is Geno and im looking for any links ppl may have that contains help on the basic warcraft 3 map editor that comes with the warcraft 3 reign of chaos and the frozen throne expansion cd. i have both cds and im editing a warcraft 3 map right now trying to fix some bugs.

the following problems i am having are listed below:

A: when i give a hero the burrow ability or a morph ability and that hero uses that ability in battle, he/she tends to freeze for a brife few seconds ignoring the cooldown i specified and it takes forever to get that hero to begin moveing again as normal. when i use the burrow ability, he/she dont even go into the ground like hes/shes suppose to, instead he turns not tottaly invisble but see through and when creatures come around he is abile to be attacked by nearby creatures when really hes suppose to be invisible and in the ground.

B: im having a few small problems trying to add a few triggers to make the map have a side games effect in a hero arena map. one problem is that i cant figure out how to get the hero to step on a button warp/portal type button and he suppose to pop up somewhere else where theres a totally more advanced small game traing arena type small game im adding to the map where mid level heros can go for more advanced traing (kinda like a side quest type of thing)

please any help is appreciated. and feel free to contact me at any time at my (email) thx. :smokin:

Eleandor

No User title

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

548 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

A. more info about the hero? and what is the exact thing it must do?

B.

Trigger: Event: Unit enters region (region 1, which you made at the place that the hero must enter to 'teleport') Condition: Unit is equal to unit (last one should ve something like 'hero' or something...) Action: move unit instantly to region (= region 2, is the region of the training)

is that what you mean?

D-O-G]WARDOG

the war is not over yet

50 XP

31st January 2007

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

yea something like that... but i also need a link to a website that will help or teach me how to use the triggers and hero settings and the unit settings. i am haveing a problem with a hero not working right with a burrow ability. this litlle problem here is my main problem so far. i want the hero to be abile to hide in the ground and pop up when its time to attack. the only way to do this is to have the hero use the burrow ability. but its not working right.

D-O-G]WARDOG

the war is not over yet

50 XP

31st January 2007

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

i thought i saw a website that would teach you how to use the map editor but... the site was 1/10 done and i thought i saw another one but couldnt remember where it was at. i was looking far warcraft 3 art or maps and replays at the time. i think. and if i was looking for warcraft 3 editor help.. i didnt put enough time into it to actually find a sight. i was real busy that day. but ive put alotta time into finding a site like that and have not found a site yet based on overall time spent in my time editing a map.

D-O-G]WARDOG

the war is not over yet

50 XP

31st January 2007

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

ok i found out what the problem was. the problem was that i had a hero with a burrow ability that was morphing the hero into a non-hero creature and that was causing him to freese when he used the burrow ability.

ok ive learned now that when you use a hero ability that morphs a hero into another unit, that unit has to be a hero (i may be wrong but thats what ive learned to fix my problem).

also when you use certain hero abilitys like for example the burrow ability, the way u have it setup will determine how good it looks and if u use a burrow ability with the combonations of:

art normal form unit: satyr hellcaller

art alternate form unit: burrowed crypt fiend

the looks of the satyr hellcaller will not properly go into the ground and stay there till u decide to leave and unburrow. the model, burrowed crypt fiend just does not work with a satyr hellcaller. (I DONT KNOW WHY IT DONT... IT SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE NO PROBLEM BUT IT ITS A VERY BIG PROBLEM WITH ME IN MAKING THE EFFECT OF A BURROWED SATYR ACTUALLY LOoKING LIKE HES IN THE GROUND)

if you have any solutions please email me at my email address in my profile. thx.