netvolts

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd March 2005

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'm making a rpg type map and just want to know how to make a hero/unit carry on from one map to the next

AlgolagniaVolcae

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th August 2004

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I would try a more lively forum, as this particular forum is slow paced as I have learnt recently. If i knew the answer I would aid you, I am only good at designing layouts of terrain, and creep encampments.

Eleandor

No User title

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

548 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
Iceheart_maxI'm making a rpg type map and just want to know how to make a hero/unit carry on from one map to the next

I don't know how it works exactly (I never tried to make an rpg with more maps), but this should be the way to: Triggers map one: Event: Unit enters region(or other events) Condition: Unit equal to 'all allies of player 1' Action: Game Cache: Create game cache 'rpg.w3v' Action2: Set next level: Map2.w3m or .w3x Triggers map 2: Trigger 1: Melee initialization Trigger --> Run trigger2 ignoring conditions. Trigger 2: Action: Load gamecache. How it exactly works, I don't know, but it is something with the game cache... I hope this info will help you

Eric2534

WC3Files Site Manager

50 XP

8th November 2002

0 Uploads

116 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

What I do to figure out how things are done is look at how blizz did it. I pull out the campaign files out of the war3.mpq or war3x.mpq files and I take a look at them in map editor.