Need Help -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 16 years ago

Ok... I'm trying to make a map but I'm having problems making somme of the triggers I want. I've seen in different maps that there's a window on top indicating how many kills you got, can anyone tell me how to do that? And is there a way that when one of the players get for example 50 kills, they get an item.

Siphon

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

It's called a Multiboard, it's an Action... just read all the "Multiboard" actions and you'll understand.... It's alot of work if you're going to have a big multiboard, atleast it was for me.

And to show kills you have to set a row/column to a variable that gets updated everytime a player dies... so if in column 2 and row 2, it should show Player Red's kills... then you have to make a variable, say Player2Kills and make it an integer, then another trigger that does "when a hero owned by player 2 gets killed, set Player2Kills to Player2Kills +1.... someone else might explain it better, I cba to go into details :p

InnerGemini

Certified Danger to Society

50 XP

23rd October 2004

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

If all you want is two columns, one for player names and one for kills, then all you need is a leaderboard, not a multiboard. Leaderboards can be complicated, so instead of explaining it, I'll just show you an already-made one, this particular one being from Anime Arena 5.0: Setting up leaderboard leaderboardsetup5hy.gif Updating leaderboard leaderboardupdate2ms.gif I'd show you one I've used on one of my maps, but it wouldn't be what you want. Mine is very similar to what you want, except mine keeps track of lumber collected (lumber is pieces of a powerful jewel in my game).