0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

MY system specs.

P3 1.10 MHZ ( im poor)

512MB Ram

GF2MX400

On board sound

Cable Modem

Microsoft Wireless KeyBoard and optical mouse.

I tried a lot of tweaks to get rid of lag in MP. I turned my sound down, i defrag my hard drive everyday etc etc. I ping from 20 to 100 depending on the server. I would like to know if there any tweaks to improve performance and have no lag at all.

venom400

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

this has been discussed many times before but here

turn off environmetal mapping

turn off shadows

play at 1024 definition with 16 bit color

turn graphic quality to medium turn off effects to medium

sounds at 22 khz with low detail

download cool bits to tweak your video card , right click on desktop go to properties , display , click on advanced and select gf 2 mx turn off anti allising off , and set the slider to performance :aggressive , go to direct 3d , click on the advanced 3d tab and select v-sync always off .

dont touch the clock speeds unless you know what you're doing .

open the game enter in console without the quotes "console.showfps 1" and see how well you're doing do a before and after test of fps see how much difference you notice ,./

VonMeyer

Waiting for Forgotten Hope 2

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

2,212 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

turn off environmetal mapping Always Off

turn off shadows Always Off

play at 1024 definition with 16 bit color Done

turn graphic quality to medium. Is on low turn off effects to medium On low also

sounds at 22 khz with low detail Done

download cool bits to tweak your video card , right click on desktop go to properties , display , click on advanced and select gf 2 mx turn off anti allising off , and set the slider to performance :aggressive , go to direct 3d , click on the advanced 3d tab and select v-sync always off .

For some reason V sync was on. Might of been turned on when i downloaded the 41.09 drivers. Thanks Venom.

One more thing would using 44KHZ sound make more of a difference?

Hot Shot 12

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th September 2002

0 Uploads

628 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

44 khz is a higher quality sound, i think. i would leave it at 22khz or if that doesn't help try 11khz. By the way, what is vsync?:cya:

venom400

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Originally posted by VonMeyer turn off environmetal mapping Always Off turn off shadows Always Off play at 1024 definition with 16 bit color Done turn graphic quality to medium. Is on low turn off effects to medium On low also sounds at 22 khz with low detail Done download cool bits to tweak your video card , right click on desktop go to properties , display , click on advanced and select gf 2 mx turn off anti allising off , and set the slider to performance :aggressive , go to direct 3d , click on the advanced 3d tab and select v-sync always off . For some reason V sync was on. Might of been turned on when i downloaded the 41.09 drivers. Thanks Venom. One more thing would using 44KHZ sound make more of a difference?

the sound makes a big difference in this game when playing with onboard sound card .. play at 22khz and see .. you should leave the video settings in medium your card can more than handle it .. the problem with your set up is your sound card , i used to have the same problem until i got my audigy 2 .,. now i can play full sounds with no freeze

VonMeyer

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

2,212 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Since i had this game i been running it on custom video.

Custom Video

800x600 32 bit

Enviorment mapping off

Shadows off

lightmaps off

Graphics and effects quality mnedium

sound 22KHZ

sound 64 channels

Texture quality high

View distance 100%

tcd12642

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

1st November 2002

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Do you mean 1.10 ghz???

VonMeyer

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

2,212 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yeah GHZ duh. :uhm: One question i left out. What does coolbits do for my video card? I put it in my registry.

venom400

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

it allows you to overclock your video card to work faster , but you should read some documents on how to do it first .. honestly i wouldnt have the hearth to overclock my gf4 4600 .. but i agforce 2 might be worth a try .. coolbits also gives you the option to turn off v-sync off from direct 3d games , an option not previosly available ... dont turn off lightmaps off .. it makes the game look cartoony and it dosnt affect the fps much .. leave it like it is .. did you notice an improvment on fps ? you never mentioned ?

VonMeyer

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

2,212 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I seen my FPS in the 70 to 80 range so those tweaks did work. Ill turn lightmaps back on i really dont like bright buildings and such. I run on 44KHZ now and it seems not to lag anymore.