I posted this in the other forum, Problems and Errors or something, but nobody else is there. Seems to be a few people here, so I'll post this in this forum as well.
I just got the game today. I installed it, played single player for a little while, and wasn't all that impressed. Decided to get the 1.31 patch to play online. After installing it, the game would lock my computer up (completely) at the opening screens. I tried it with the Catalyst 3.1 and 3.2 drivers. I reinstalled the game now, not using the patch, it runs fine. I'm having a blast with the single player so that should hold me over until I can figure out what's wrong. My computer specs are: Radeon 9700 128MB Non-Pro, Leadtek nForce2 Motherboard, AMD Athlon 2400+, 512MB PC2700 RAM, etc. Anybody have ANY idea why the patch screws my game up like this? BTW, I tried the patch from the EA site and 3dgamers. I didn't use the in-game updater.
I don't spend enough time here
16th February 2003
never heard of this problem...
Do you have all the requirments....
go to start then programs then EA GAMES then battlefield 1942 then easy info and then click OK then go to the REQUIRMENTS TAB. MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS ALL GREEN.!!!
If all else fails i would check the grounds on the Video Card guy i know has the 9700 and after a few weeks it started locking up for no reason he tried every thing finally he took a volt meter to check his power supply but also tried the connections and found a bad ground fixed it hasnt had a problem since
Chk for newer driver for your ATI.I heard ATI had some issues with Battlefield.New driver can solve your problem. Good luck!:cya: