Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

hey after i posted a thread on what card i should get i got great feedback on ATI vid cards and the opposite for nvidia, so WHAT do you think is better and why? Whats better for bf too?

Gamefreak

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

10th January 2003

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I think ATI is better:agreed:

ghost77

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

18th December 2002

0 Uploads

209 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

go witt ATI even though i have a nvidia card i still recommened ati. ive had my nividia card for 2 yrs already and its starting to wear out. BUT 2 yrs comon!! i thought there life span was like 8 yrs. and im getting a ATI today so hehe i bet ATI is better.........

crane

I post to get attention

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I have a Geforce3 and an ATI 8500DV. I have switched back and forth between cards a few times. As far as frame rate, I did not see any significant difference, both averaged about 80FPS, with no overclocking to either. However, I now just use the ATI card because the one I have has many extras - I can watch TV on my pc, and import/export video through RCA and S-video connections.

In a nutshell, I dont think you can go wrong with either card. Video card technology is always ahead of games. Just stay away from "cheapies."

J-MAD-INC

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

425 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

go with nvidia i love my Ti 4600 never have problems with it, it runs smoothly

ditchhopper

Death Obsession

50 XP

25th August 2002

0 Uploads

710 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Truthfully either one is a good card as long as you get a decent model of either manufacturer. Stay away from the budget cards like the nvidia mx series, or anything below a 9000 radeon. Not that these are bad cards but you get what you pay for. The geforceFX is a loud, overheating, space hogging monster. Avoid this card at all costs.

For nvidia the ti series cards are all safe bets and a good value right now.

For Ati, Id get a 9700 or even 9800 pro if moneys not an option, but I wouldnt go below the 9500 just for future gaming sake.

That was my unbiased opinion, now for my biased opinion.

DUDE, Get an ATI you wont be sorry. The newer cards from ati rock!! They have the best hardware on the market right now and their drivers get better with every new set. (although that always wasnt so). Not to mention Hydravision. How did I ever live without hydravision? Their bundled softaware is also great. Nuff Said!!

Note: Id like to apologize to any nvidia people Ive offended with my biased rantings. You truly do have fine, fine cards. (snicker)

JayBDey

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

20th January 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

NVIDIA is much better. Get the GeForce 4 Ti4600, cant go wrong with it.

Captain Kick Ass

13 year old mapper

50 XP

11th December 2002

0 Uploads

284 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

well, i just perfer nvidia because what i've seen on another system. like freaky water, flickering textures, but that was just a 7500. so i guess i should not judge ati by that card. but i still perfer nvidia because my geforce ti4400 has never givin me any problems. flame me i don't care, but all the flaming in the world won't slow my geforce down. :cool:

talon010

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

13th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,157 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

i havent decided yet goto my other fourm thread >>here<<

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP