Kombatant

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

14th October 2002

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

This just popped in my head last night while I was trying to go to sleep and I thought I would share it all with you.

Wouldnt it be cool if lets say you shoot down and airplane that is heading straight at you with an AA gun and instead of the plane just turning black it catches fire and hits the ground and slides into the AA gun taking out the player (not good for player though) and anyhing in its path. And where the plane crashed and slide you can see a long hole where it was?

Or buildings could me shot with the tank and where the shell hit the wall would have a hole it in and so on. Or bombers could really destroy buildings?

Or also vehicles or any destroyed objects would remain on the battlefield and would not disappear. A destroyed tank could be used as cover for infantry or whatever.

Now this would have some downsides because you would have alot of people that would do nothing but clutter up the battlefield with stuff but other than that I think it would add alot of realism and make the game alot more interesting.

I know this will never happen (at least not any time soon) but I thought it was a pretty neat idea and thought I would share it with you all.

:)

Hot Shot 12

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th September 2002

0 Uploads

628 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Your ideas are intriguing, I would like to subscribe to your weekly newsletter.:lol: That would all be good except the destroyed vehicules not disapearing. TKrs and such would most likely blow up tanks and stuff right in front of planes or tanks just to annoy people. And we all know thats exactly what they would do:furious:

archaic

I post to get attention

50 XP

11th December 2002

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

yea true... but its a good idea. there is another game thats like that but u dont get vehicles and its played way to fast paced for me. its Red Faction.

Reborn

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

21st November 2002

0 Uploads

209 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

yeah, it would be awesome, but spawn points would be totally messed up, like say a jeep appears in rubble :uhoh:, but some intelligent idea of yours could change that. maybe have the spawn points changed once that spawn point is destoryed or stuff in the way

Major Bludd

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th December 2002

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

2 words.. Falling damage... I slipped out of a second story window and fell about 4 ft onto a dirt mound and lost HALF my health. Pretty rediculous. Thats my only major gripe. "Major Gripe".. Major Bludd, hmmm... - Bludd

meanperson

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th December 2002

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

it is a good idea, but not really possible. if the server were a dedicated supercomputer and we all had t-1 connections, that would be great. the fact of the matter is that any extra modifications to the map (burned out tanks, holes in walls, etc.) have to be stored on the server and the info sent to everyone playing. plus after a few minutes of playing, all the extra polygons that would have to be rendered would bog down everyone playing. no matter what the game, someone always complains about bodies and such disappearing, but it is for their own good.