DekerBSB

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello! ps-my english is bad...please try to understand ok :) ... ... i tested BF in WIN98SE and WINXP...and ir runs fast in WIN98SE... but now i'm using only winXP...and my performance suxxx i have made all the tips do increase performance,Hardware Accel.on and off, etc....the same bad performance... :( .... .... so...i remove the audigy from my PC and now BF is running like CS :p , almost 99FPS all time...no more slowdowns... i can play at 1600x1200x32 with 16x aniso and all game details set to maximum! ..... ..... BF is not a "big bug" the bug in BF is creative cards/drivers... ... ... if anyone try report back please :) i'm going to sell my audigy...

derFuhrer

Don't feed the devil

50 XP

21st June 2002

0 Uploads

556 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

That is expected, I noticed that too when I fired up an old box with 98 in it and installed BF to it, it ran quite well. XP is a ram hog, Perhaps if you push your system's ram up to 1024MB, you should have similar performances. I hate Windows altogether really, I only use Windows just for the games that need it these days, I'm often using NetBSD and Linux :)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

hi DekerBSB and derFuhrer,

I do trust that you updated your drivers when you installed WinXP? I am running winXP with an onboard creative chip (CT5880) and get 100 fps in some places with a GF4 MX440. Although your sound probably worked with the old drivers after you installed WinXP updating to the WinXP drivers is really a must-do not an option. If you look around you will find a number of threads here about sound cards, and without exception everybody who upgraded to the audigy think that's the best thing they ever did. Oh yes, and ram, I run 256Mb DDR with WinXP Pro. 512 is optimum and I will be ungrading soon, but 1024 is just overkill.

:cya: :cya: :cya:

DekerBSB

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd December 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

my drivers are ok. SP1 last audigy driver DX9 Catalyst 3.0 WinXP Tweaks :(