Gamehostmagazine

Spamvertiser

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I think the person who wrote the manual should be shot. How do I use the keyboard commands? I start any single or multiplayer game and cannot seem to do anything. The only thing I can do is press M and change the map design. Help please.

GHM

HostageOw

Bites if provoked

50 XP

6th September 2002

0 Uploads

446 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Like, can you use WASD to move around, and mouse controls? The type of keyboard you have *might* have a remote chance of making a difference as well.

Oh, and did you try to redo your keybindings? Maybe you accidently cleared them for everything but map function.

Gamehostmagazine

Spamvertiser

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Nope. Checked keyboard map and keyboard works fine, but like whenever I start a single or muliplayer game all I can do is watch action. And press M and N for action.

Lord Omega

I'm watching you...

50 XP

31st August 2002

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The only thing I can think of that is even remotly associated with your problem is a rare but annoying bug that makes it impossible to select a spawn point (they simply aren't there.) However, these problems are few and far between.

HostageOw

Bites if provoked

50 XP

6th September 2002

0 Uploads

446 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I MIGHT know whats goin on for ya. Have you tried pressing Enter and selecting your spawn point? Thats a must, because if you dont you'll never get into the action.

Gamehostmagazine

Spamvertiser

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I will play some more. It is confusing. You get dropped i nthe middle of the action and don't have much to choose from. When do I press ENTER, and how do I choose a spawn point. This is not clear i nthe manual. A tutorial would be helpful.

HostageOw

Bites if provoked

50 XP

6th September 2002

0 Uploads

446 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I didnt think anybody was catchin snags on this front x_x Granted though, it ISNT very clear and took me about 15 minutes, reciting all the 4 letter words I know and makin up some new ones, to get myself into the action.

Anyhow, just hit your enter key. This ought to bring up your spawning interface (you'll know it because it'll bring up a map, and to the left of it the kit options). On the map, there should be little white dots over the various flags on the map that your team has secured. Just scoot yer little mouse over one of'em and click, and voila! You will spawn with your selected kit at that point. Let the killing begin :rock: I'd recommend going engineer, but then i'm slightly partial to large explosions.

Gamehostmagazine

Spamvertiser

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Got it, and way kewel.

This is awesome. Like playing GI-Joe when I was a kid, and my six year old jumpred right in. Darn. Now we are off to find a multiplayer game. Thanks.

Gunthor

[YDK]MaJoR AiR

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Congrats! I hope you have as much fun as I have playing the game! I finished it as the Axis, and now I am playing as the Allies.

The only reason I started with the Axis is because I am used to playing as a RED elmo.gif team member against the BLUE cookie2.gif team (in games like TFC, etc.).