KillaKilla

PC Hardware

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

With regard to the BF1942(and xpacks, of course), why are the first person (gun) models so bad, in comparason to CoD and especially DoD? Was it origonally intended to be a 3rd person shooter, but then made 1st person? Of course, you can always go download new models, but generally I expect more from such a 1st rate game... BTW, a smiley might describe my experience at BF1942: :newbie:

nuttydave

Grrr woof woof Grrrr

50 XP

15th November 2002

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

you cant have everything, i personally think there spot on, i dont care if there historically accurate or off alittle if ya dont like it play cod or counterstrike. BFALL is an amazing game smiley says it all :moon:

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

eh, i don't really care.... its still a fun game... if you want good gun models, try vietnam, they're pretty good, i'd say

WiseBobo

Most loved forum member.

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The reason that the models look like crap is because of the game engine; you cannot have absolutely superb graphics while being able to drive, fly, and steer, unless you have a very good gaming rig. I still believe, however, that Dice/Ea, whoever, took an extreme shortcut in making the game. Instead of having each Country/side have their own unique weapons, they simply cloned them with different names, or gave countries weapons they simply did not use, since they had their own. Take for instance the British; the had their own .38 Webley Revolvers, not Colt .45's. Or the Japanese, they had absolutely no rifle similar to the M1 Garand in any way, shape, or form.

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Not really, I think bf1942 is a better world war two game then COD and DOD by far, the games focus is not just on first person shooting it's also a simulator a crude one true but it still is, and it's what makes it fun. True EA/DICE really pushed it to get it out and rushed it before what I think is 100% complete as in all nations being properly modeled as in guns and tanks but overall I liked it more

[AH]Sgt. Stu

"Enemy is oblitafried!"

50 XP

4th January 2004

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

call of duty has some problems to , the british wouldnt use a springfield(they would have used a scoped enfield) or a colt 45 (some did but the more used was the webley). since when did the russians use lugers ? they would have used a revolver which i cant remember the name of. oh ye soz back to the point , yes BF1942 does have crap weapon models BFV has great looking ones.

[AH]Sgt. Stu

"Enemy is oblitafried!"

50 XP

4th January 2004

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

oh ye soz back to the point , yes BF1942 does have crap weapon models BFV has great looking ones.

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I think BF1942 was made fine :)

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

we used the TT-33 and the M1895 Nagant revolver

WiseBobo

Most loved forum member.

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
MihailNot really, I think bf1942 is a better world war two game then COD and DOD by far, the games focus is not just on first person shooting it's also a simulator a crude one true but it still is, and it's what makes it fun. True EA/DICE really pushed it to get it out and rushed it before what I think is 100% complete as in all nations being properly modeled as in guns and tanks but overall I liked it more

If you had played Day of Defeat 3.1 Beta, which was the last "Development-Team only touched" release, before Valve got their hands on it for 1.0 retail, you would not be including DoD in your statement. Moral of the story? Valve is bad, real bad.