wolf68k

always howling

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

71 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

I've seen a lot of people saying that punkbuster is the cause of all of their lag and gaming problems, and then they include their specs and so far no one that I've seen so far as specs weaker than mine: AMD Thunderbird 900mhz RAM 512megs PC133 GF4 MX440 SE Win98 (non-SE)

I've run PB back when it came out on Q2, I was on a crappy 28.8k modem, and a much weaker system and there was no difference before or with PB.

Now I have this box and BF on a cable. No problems before PB and none with it.

If you have problems and want to blame it on PB, fine do. Cry, b*tch and moan all you want. But you do know you didn't have to install it all and still be able to play online.

The worst thing I can say about the 1.6 patch is, it seems the 1.5->1.6 patch is FUBAR some how in some way. So if you're going to update use the full 1.6 patch.

alex_gen

Woohoo!

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

150 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

well i love this patch! new vehciles, maps, GUI, PB...all this for free?! quite moaning people EA/DICE dont have to continue making patches....they do it for free, get nothing from it. at least the game is being updated and modified, and i think with the added GUI scoreboard etc thingy makes it more enjoyable, oh and the Buddy thing, with that making it so much easier to add a buddy its so useful.

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
alex_genwell i love this patch! new vehciles, maps, GUI, PB...all this for free?! quite moaning people EA/DICE dont have to continue making patches....they do it for free, get nothing from it. at least the game is being updated and modified, and i think with the added GUI scoreboard etc thingy makes it more enjoyable, oh and the Buddy thing, with that making it so much easier to add a buddy its so useful.

I would not say they are doing it for free....... because making more patches causes normally more game stimulation for people to guy the game, more news that comes out about the game the more money they make. But i get your point