ave_mashta

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

14th November 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 18 years ago

okay. i just got battlefield 1942. "this is so awesome!!!" i say to myself as i go to my computer. i installed the whole thing, but whenever i try to play, it makes a "bloop" noise and goes back to my desktop. can someone please tell me what's wrong?

happy_new_year

no one died when clinton lied

50 XP

6th March 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#2 18 years ago

tell wuts inside your computer and might get some help cause hard to know what your problem is if we dont know wats your computer ive seen a lot of this problem but that "bloop" noise never heard that before its probly something to do with drivers but need more information about your computer

[EW]Arkel

|SSS|Arkel

50 XP

18th March 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#3 18 years ago

try this

open the Battlefield 1942 dir go to mods dir open bf1942 dir open settings dir open videodefault.con with notepad change renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 to renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

BTW Newyear, that pig is huge, why don't you resizew it to something like this:

Cool-Bus.jpg

ave_mashta

50 XP

14th November 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#4 18 years ago

btw that bloop noise is the noise that ya get when you quit out of microsoft word and it says "do you want to save before quitting?" or something

ave_mashta

50 XP

14th November 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#5 18 years ago

there is no renderer.allowallrefreahrates or anythhing resembling it. "rem * TEMP * renderer.setFullScreen 1 renderer.fieldOfView 1 renderer.globalLodRadius 1 renderer.globalLodRadiusScaleFactor 5 console.showStats 0" is all i can find

VonMeyer

Waiting for Forgotten Hope 2

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

2,212 Posts

0 Threads

#6 18 years ago

THis is mine. Its called the Video default.con file. Open it with notepad or wordpad.

rem * TEMP * renderer.setFullScreen 1 renderer.fieldOfView 1 renderer.globalLodRadius 0.5 renderer.globalLodRadiusScaleFactor 20 console.showStats 0 renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 THis is that you want. renderer.forceSwSkinning 0 renderer.lockfps 3000

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#7 18 years ago

Hi ave_mashta,

I assume you have updated to the latest version of BF, cause I don't think that line was in the first release, it only came out with 1.2 and later.

Also that bloop is an error sound, means windows can't perform the requested operation, it could be cause your hardware isn't able to play the game, your drivers may need updating or just about a 100 other things, so a quick list of your hardware would be helpful.

Good luck

:cya: :cya: :cya: