JayBDey

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

20th January 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Has anyone been able to copy the CD? I made a copy and when I try and play with it I get an error message that says it can’t find the CD, or that the CD is not in the drive.

If you made a backup copy how did you do it? I don’t want to waste any more CDs experimenting.

Jesse James26

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

17th April 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Um no.

JayBDey

50 XP

20th January 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Why? WTF are you talking about?

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Jay, you may want this as a legitimate backup of a game you purchased, but other people will use it to pirate the game. Links and talk about warez, piracy, et al isn't allowed around here and can get you in hot water. If you want to inquire about something like this, do it off the boards. Thanks.

JayBDey

50 XP

20th January 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

But you need a CD key to play online so what harm can it do? If two people use it at once both are banned.

vilramithrang

Rebel

50 XP

6th January 2003

0 Uploads

469 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
Originally posted by JayBDey If two people use it at once both are banned.

Wrong, I use the same CD Key as my bro and we do not get banned.

J-MAD-INC

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

425 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

the cd key has nothing to do with playing online games. the cdkey is only half of it. there is no way u can copy ur game and it will play legit. there is a code written into the cd itself thats why copied games never work online. and ass for u copying it yeah u can but u will never get it to work online

Hellgramite_IV

Hells' Magistrate

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

195 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

.Ok I must clarify that there is a way to copy any CD and it will work, like I said that is just to clarify that it can be done. I have done it with other games in the past for protection of original copies mainly because I have a curious 10 yr old that likes to sneak into my puter room and think she can play game cds on her stereo.:eek: :eek: :D . But as to how its done I will not tell:rolleyes: