ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

It'll be great to see the new tactics we will have to use in the jungle environment.

MAJOR PITA

Team Player

50 XP

12th July 2003

0 Uploads

655 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

I myself will be playing them both. I don't see BFV taking off right away. I for one enjoy playing all flavors of BF & I'm looking at this as just another mod to be played. I know it's a stand alone game & all, but it's still just another version of BF.

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

I know ill still play desert combat :)

Knight_Yellow

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
Recruit SnyderHardware requirements ... according to EA officials, you'll need a P4 3.06 plus the newest graphics card to enjoy BF:V in its full glory, and any BF:V mod will require even more ("mod" always means "more" :)) Judging by the latest official BF:V screenshots, graphics quality will be better than in BF42, but not as much as the first BF:V renders suggested :) Nothing to get excited about. Maps will be smaller in BF:V, so both games will be pretty different. You won't enjoy dogfights or tank battles like in El Alamein ... and I'm afraid modders will be having a hard time trying to implement *that* feature into BF:V :)

That was 1 guy who said that and those where the highest recomended ie, if you want 64 ppl on screen with explosions and jets and gunfire at 16 AA and AF at 1600 X 1200 with everything maxed out.

Gamespy said a 2.4 with a 128mb card and a gig of ram are great and wont stutter at all.

Maps are smaller but not much smaller, besides mods will always be able to increase the map size just like they are doing now with BF1942.

BF:V will explode with traffic in the first 2 months then quieten down and then once all the mods get re released with the BF:V engine it will bury BF.

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

I plan on buying a 9800XT so I can play the game, as my gf4mx will die trying to play the game :)

Reborngg

Gamers Generation

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

591 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

I myself will also be sticking with both, ive owned BF1942 for over a year now(since day of release) but havent played vanilla bf in a long long time.. its DC and other mind boggling mods like wasteland that keep me coming back,The BF community is 1 of the strongest ive seen in many years, so many games die out when something new pops out.. but with this game i keep coming back again.. and again.