Sacredsilence

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok, well im going to get BF1942 tomorrow, but i don't know what i need, is anyone still playing original BF1942? Do i have to buy Road to Rome? Do many people play RtR? How do i get desertcombat, where can i get patches for BFOrigi, Desert combat, etc, mainly just want to know what everyone is playing now, don't want to buy Road to rome if its not needed or not played, thanks a lot

cactuskooler

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

242 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Yes a lot of people play original battlefield. You dont have to buy road to rome. I haven't played RTR for a long time so i dont know how much players there are but theres enough to be happy for sure. To get desert combat and patches for regular bf you download it at www.planetbattlefield.com or www.bf1942files.com or www.bf42.com there are other download mirrors also. The latest patch for DC is .6 but you need the .5 full version installed first. Just ask if you need any more help. :)

Sacredsilence

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

So.. what all should i buy, minimum amount in order to play BF1942 happily with lots of people, leave out anything i dont HAVE to have :) ty

Sacredsilence

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
cactuskoolerYes a lot of people play original battlefield. You dont have to buy road to rome. I haven't played RTR for a long time so i dont know how much players there are but theres enough to be happy for sure. To get desert combat and patches for regular bf you download it at www.planetbattlefield.com or www.bf1942files.com or www.bf42.com there are other download mirrors also. The latest patch for DC is .6 but you need the .5 full version installed first. Just ask if you need any more help. :)

Also i was wondering, what are the latest patches for Original and DC? ty

L337

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

802 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

LATES PATCH IS THE 1.5 PATCH GET THE FULL PATCH AT WWW.BF1942FILES.COM OR BF42.COM OR THE REAL BATTLEFIELD SITE.

omega12

BF1942 rocks! BFVietnam rocks!

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

148 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#7 14 years ago

However, I would wait on downloading the current BF patch as a new one will be coming out soon, and it's best to download the full patch to make sure there won't be any conflicting coding. The orginal BF1942 game, also known as vanilla battlefield is still probably the number one version used, followed closely by Desert Combat and Forgoten Hope. If you want a nice large game of vanilla BF, play on the official EA game servers, they are almost always full. Also get Eve of Destruction, it is my personal favorite mod. :) Hope that helped and welcome to BF1942. And Secret Weapons expansion if fun too if you like single player. :)