Airix

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th December 2002

0 Uploads

399 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Originally posted by _Bongo_ I'd like to see the troops with all authentic weapons, give the Brits the Bren, give the Russians and Jap forces the correct mg's etc Also I'd love to see a 'Bismark v's Hood' engagement, just think of it, someone could model the Swordfish for the torpedo attacks.:D

There wouldn't be too much fun in a map where the Germans are on a huge ship going around in circles, while the Brits bomb the hell out of it.

_Bongo_

Merciless Research Team

50 XP

28th November 2002

0 Uploads

52 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

I dont think it would be like that. The Germans would have the Bismark, the Prinz Eugen and u-boats maybe someone could model a Condor. The Brits would have the Hood, the Prince of Wales and the Ark Royal to spawn the Swordfish, also some destroyers to fight the subs. You would be able to even out the gameplay by making the Bismark stronger than the Hood, as the Hood had no deck armour.

Also I think a replay feature for single player would own! Like the one you get for Grand Prix 4, you could pause the game and watch the landing craft you've just nailed with a full crew from their perspective, this is probably impossible though :(

Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

yeah ithink its a good idea to give every nationality their respective weapons. no thompson for the brits, and like some have you said the russian and japs with the same gun. they need to make this game so accurate to every button on the soldiers shirt.

Hellgramite_IV

Hells' Magistrate

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

195 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Something else BF1942 needs, the King Tiger.

Kire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

31st March 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

What BF1942 needs is an ammo carrier. Snipers and everyone run out of ammo way too fast. He'd be just like a medic or an engineer he switches to the ammo box and refills everyone.

Oh! and there should be rappelling ropes. You know it would be cool to be able to climb a rope to the top of a building, snipe a few people then rappell down the building, get ammo, repeat. Or you could be on a bridge, see a tank coming and you're out of ammo so you rappell off the bridge, the tank passes, then climb back up.

talon010

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

13th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,157 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

uhhh different weapons for each country instead just allied and axis

jwrebholz

GF makes me horny

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

I think a "Field Commander" position would be a good idea. Has extra armor but only a sidearm as a weapon. Only one per side. It would be this person's job to organize a battle plan and keep the troops moving. They could have a console available to them that would allow them to radio individual teammates to give specific instructions, and would be able to see both friendly AND enemy forces on the map (but not the minimap, ie enemy forces would disappear unless map was blown up to full size) Not much glory to this position, but organization and teamwork is what wins battles. You can't just Mongolian clusterf*** the enemy and hope you can out-muscle them. You need strategy.

Oh, and how bout adding a music player, so I can listen to Rammstein while I'm blowing stuff up? I dunno why, but Rammstein and '42 seem to go quite well together.

Herr Dickmeister

Addicted to GF

50 XP

15th August 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

Yeah King Tiger!!!! KING TIGER!!!!

Kamikaze

Skanker 4 life!

50 XP

8th January 2003

0 Uploads

782 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

good idea jwrebholz but i beg to differ bout rammestien i think RA and seether go good w/ battlefield. but also slipknot and old mudvayne!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Blitz Krieger

Veritas Vincit

50 XP

5th December 2002

0 Uploads

390 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Yeah,Jwrebholz is right,but finding someone good enough to command effectively is another story.Hell knows this game seems to attract dumbasses.