Raptorrat

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

27th November 2002

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

Well, It was a number of country's. From RAF to RAAF to American voluntiers, and surviving aircrews of other country's in Europe. basicly every one who could fly a plane.

the Brits were pretty desperate at that time, But still...

Sh0rD

¥ Uberhacker ¥

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,118 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

african campaign?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

Yeah, I believe it was less than 12 months from D-Day to the death of H1tler, if he had only known would he have done anything different I wonder? Mind you towards the end I believe he was genuinely mad (as opposed to just being a German Dictator who believed he should rule the world :lol: )

BTW, a bit of history here:

Louis Philippe, "King of the French" created the French Foreign Legion on March 10, 1831.

Composed exclusively of volunteers aged between 18 and 40, with or without means of identification, the Legion was immediately involved in the conquest of Algeria before passing under Spanish control in 1835.

A second Legion was then created which fought in Algeria, in Crimea (1855), in Italy (1859) and in Mexico (1863). In Mexico, it won one of its greatest titles to fame: on April 30, 1863, at the Camerone Hacienda near Puebla, 3 officers and 62 legionnaires resisted 2,000 Mexicans. After a day of heroic fighting the last five survivors fixed bayonets and charged.

Go here to learn more.

Ranger Insane is partly right in that the Legion was was disbanded and then re-organized at the beginning of WW2 - however it has a lot more involvement than just Europe and Africa, even fighting against the Japanese in Indo-China.

In fact the French Foreign Legion did so much durung the WW2 that a complete expansion pack/mod dedicated to the Legion would be well worth doing. Any French ppl here interested I wonder?

have fun

:cya: :cya: :cya:

Ranger Insane

Insanity not included

50 XP

2nd January 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

Ahh yup, lol most of my info I have about the Legion is from a Discovery channel docu. The thing is I missed the first 10 minutes of it so I obviously missed the origins of the Legion.

Sh0rD: The Desert maps! lol During 42 there was alot of fighting round Northern Africa between the British/Commonwealth forces and the German Afrika Corps.

Sh0rD

¥ Uberhacker ¥

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,118 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

oh yeah... duhh! :eek: