Assimilated

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

I cant even imagine how cool the beam-weapon would be in sfc3 from the 8472 ships. Awesome :rock:

Why bother about the crew and officers?!! Rediqulous... The standard bioships (battleship I guess) should only have one pilot, therefore no boarding parties. The battleship works as a fighter-type, its pretty small with only one pilot.

Then they could ofcourse ad some kind of bigger ships such as seen in armada2 with invading forces onboard them.

But there´s that power-problem, 8472 are much more powerfull then the borg wich are most powerfull in sfc3 for now. So 8472 should be the most powerfull race, weapon-wise that it.

Would be cool if they could ad that effect when a few ships focus their fire thru an other ship and thus having massive strenght. It doesnt have to be like a circle of ships seen in voyager but let say 3 where the one ship would act as a focus.

Darkness Knight 15

Zerstörung.

50 XP

15th May 2003

0 Uploads

4,262 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

Has anyone here thought of the fact THAT SPIECES 8472 IS A DELTA QUADRANT RACE!!! As far as we know, they have never had any contact with Starfleet except for with Captain Janeway and her crew.

o---)=====><=====(---o

damo1

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

21st April 2003

0 Uploads

295 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

no

in startrek voyager episode unimatrix zero part 2

seven of nines lover, axum, is aboard a borg scout ship near the boarder of fluidic space in the bata quadrand

Assimilated

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

That is retarded "..near the boarder of fluidic space ..". There is no such border, you open a gateway to the fluidic space. That line was totally rediqulous...:mad:

Also 8472 can open a gateway anywhere, as seen when they opened the gate and hundreds of bioships came thru them as seen in that voy episode.

There you go.:dance:

Nash

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

That gateway could be considered a border, smart one.

Assimilated

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

It can´t be considered as a border since it isnt open all the time, its only opened where ever you want by someone.

Captain_Reisen

Chief Tactician, First Fleet

50 XP

23rd April 2003

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

Ok, there seems to be some confusion as to what constitutes a border. Technically speaking, a border is an arbitrary limit placed on a region in space (arbitrary = imposed by a political entity). A boundary, however, is a border with a twist: it was placed there by nature. Therefore, the "border" between fluidic space and our own galaxy is actually a "boundary".

"Borders" can be rearranged all the time (look at the United States during the early years of its formation or the trench lines of WWI). "Boundaries" are pretty much so immutable (though they can be breached sometimes and even destroyed).

Hope this clears up any misconstruements about the matter.

:assimilate: Resistance is futile :assimilate:

Photon Fragger

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

21st March 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago

I was looking through the sound files and i found loads of new Borg sounds, they were giving specific orders and de-breifings , it sounded like a campaign but in SFC3 there is only a Conquest. Is this some campaign that you can unlock or is it just something that Taldren couldnt be bothered to finish.

Charlemagne

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th March 2003

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

Hmmm... Probably the latter. Although, maybe it was just communications between ships, or orders from the Queen? (They may only show up in occaisional missions, or secret "hexes".)

PS: Is there any mods out ther for a borg campaign?

PPS: If not, is anyone working on one?

PPPS: If not, will anyone make one?

PPPPPS: What were those extra sounds called, Photon Fragger?

PPP... NEVER MIND

Charlemagne

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th March 2003

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago
Originally posted by TNG Trekkie 1701 hey charlie thats not true play star trek armada 2 some time they have alot of ships!

Yes, but as far as I know, they are "ficticious" (with regards to ST Canon).

(This is from waaaayyyyyy back)