Weekly Poll Results - Nvidia Geforce or ATI Radeon graphics cards?

Published by Suleyman_Eisenhower 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Nvidia Geforce or ATI Radeon graphics cards?

Geforce 68.5% (198)
Radeon 26.6% (77)
Other answer 4.8% (14)
Start: 07-31-2008 17:49
Last: 08-24-2008 17:32

#1 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 08-01-2008 at 16:25

Well, I haven't used a Radeon card before, but the Geforce cards last pretty long and they're pretty good. btw first post.

#2 - Posted by: Darth_Palpatine (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 18:31

GEforce owns ATI. you know why? because some ATI cards are not compatible with Star Wars Battlefront II. GEForce works.

#3 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 08-04-2008 at 14:49

Let's see. I have used both. The ATI? With two additional fans it literally melted my computer. Had to get a new one. (No, it wasn't a 7 year old piece of junk) Nvidia? A cheap 250$ Geforce 8800GT runs Crysis on max settings, high resolution. It's really this: Power = ATI , Quality = Nvidia. I like quality. (P.S. I also have a Geforce MX420 that still works. No ATI card I've ever used has lasted so long.)

#4 - Posted by: Isaac_Brock (Member) on 08-05-2008 at 15:24

How would I know what card?

#5 - Posted by: Suleyman_Eisenhower (Staff) on 08-12-2008 at 19:25

Your graphics card has probably been manufactured by either Nvidia or ATI. You can check by clicking Start, then Run, and typing in dxdiag. The display tab should tell you your graphics card. Geforce seems to be more expensive, but is also more powerful. Nvidia's SLI technology is also better than ATI's Crossfire. Radeon cards are cheaper and often a better value for the money, especially in price vs. performance.

#6 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 08-13-2008 at 20:55

Meh, this site is quite inactive. Somebody should make a program making it easier to mod... Don't look at me. I can't do crap. I could get some help. Anyway, nice to see things change every once in a awhile.

#7 - Posted by: Isaac_Brock (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 15:39

i have submitted 3 maps... all different... 2 aoe2, 1 aoe3, only 1 got accepted. The worst one.