Weekly Poll Results - How many GodShips does your A2 or A1 have installed curren

Published by Freyr 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

How many GodShips does your A2 or A1 have installed currently?

GodShip? We ain't got no stinkin' GodShip! We don' need no stinkin' GodShip! 70.4% (172)
As many as possible. Freyr's Extra Spicy AIPs could be lurking ANYWHERE. Look out! Behind you! Aaaah 9.8% (24)
One. That is all anyone needs. After all, it is a GodShip. 9.8% (24)
Just two. But they are my very favorite Star Trek ships and I cannot bear to see them lose. 5.7% (14)
Three or four. I enjoy setting the AI on Simple Minded and going on a turkey shoot. 4% (10)
Start: 10-12-2008 02:26
Last: 10-19-2008 11:38

#1 - Posted by: Freyr (Staff) on 10-12-2008 at 02:47

Note: This poll is intended as a joke. It is only a joke. Had it been a real poll, with real issues which concern the A2Files Community, all of the people who do not get it when polls are intended to be humorous would have been informed by Podcast prior to the posting of this message. No donuts were used or harmed in the making of this poll.

And I decided to post it anyway, because it was better than some of the other poll ideas. :p

Unfortunately a couple of Thunderfoot's intended answers for this poll were longer than the system will accept and so had to be trimmed back a little bit to make them fit.

Poll ideas should go here:- http://forums.filefront.com/armada-i-ii-discussion/370693-ideas-weekely-poll-3.html

:D

#2 - Hmmmm..... - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 10-12-2008 at 06:50

50+ GodShip odfs available here and elsewhere and no one is using them according to the voting so far? :D

#3 - Posted by: Chiletrek (Member) on 10-12-2008 at 11:23

Hello: Godships can be fun to play with in just a couple of games, they are no really fun unlesss they are part of a proper storyline. Now, some people knows what I am up to when modding Armada2, and they know what is the real definition of a godship :D .

#4 - Posted by: frostmourn4 (Member) on 10-12-2008 at 20:31

Godships make the game too easy. They take all the challenge and fun out of it. I have powerfull ships, but they have a weakness.

#5 - Goodships,...pfffttt!!!. - Posted by: shadow_from_afc (Member) on 10-13-2008 at 03:01

They make sense only for those who failed “Battletactics 101†at Starfleet Academy and never learned anything. ;) Seriously: A Good Ship destroys all the fun of a game. So there is none in my game. :D

#6 - Posted by: Stargazor_001 (Member) on 10-13-2008 at 03:45

Godships is a bit of an overstatement, Just regular ships with tweaked odf's (stronger shields and verrrryyyyy long buildtimes and extra resources) I've got, 1 for the Cardies, 1 for Rommies, 1 for Klingons, 2 Borg, no 8472 and 4 Federation.

#7 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 10-13-2008 at 05:28

MODDER SMASH GODSHIP! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#8 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 10-13-2008 at 11:10

I don't have the skills to add ships PERIOD!!!! Therefore, I ain't got no stinkin' Godships. I just reinstalled A2 on my system, so everything is stock. :( Then again, if I can't add ships, I can't replace ships either. Oh well, do what you can with what you got.

#9 - Posted by: WerdBorg (Member) on 10-13-2008 at 19:38

#8 Find an autoinstalling mod-there are a few around Godships-Bahhhhhhhhhhh Donuts-Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm

#10 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 10-14-2008 at 04:22

I don't use Godships, the closest thing I have is the Borg Command Cube. Very big, very strong, multi-targetting weapons, build the Sphere from a launch bay inside but can be defeated with enough ships.

#11 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 10-16-2008 at 07:34

I found and added a Premonition class. It was pretty easy, thanks to it already being set up for adding. I was just wondering, does a Premonition class count as a Godship?

#12 - Posted by: Temporal (Member) on 10-17-2008 at 01:13

Rattler find me on the forums (I'm Stanny) and drop me a line, I'll help improve your A2 modding experience or your money back.

#13 - Posted by: frostmourn4 (Member) on 10-17-2008 at 17:44

You actually charge money? :eek: I just wanted to say that. By the way, I thought about it and I guess I might have a godship. I gave the cube rediculous firepower and shields, but it moves very slowly and I have destroyed them before.

#14 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 10-18-2008 at 00:49

What is a GodShip? Any ship which is ridiculously overpowered to the extent that building one and playing the game with it removes any possibility of the AI or another player winning. In short, winning without the game risk or challenge.

#15 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 10-18-2008 at 11:36

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, my laptop at home (Where my A2 is installed) is puking out on me, so I'm not gonna be modding it any time soon. By the way, will someone please tell me if the Premonition class is considered a godship, because I really enjoy freezing enemy ships and blowing their helpless butts out of the sky. Especially if I have a fleet of them. (Evil laugh)

#16 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 10-18-2008 at 12:15

As long as the Premonition costs a lot and takes a long time to build, no, it's not a godship. God, I hate godships. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#17 - Posted by: HighGuardKnight (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 09:54

I voted one (because i only ever use one, and then only when i play with my personal fleet, instead of the feds/other races) but i suppose technically its two since i have a borg tactical cube from here thats stupidly powerful and works with the AI. gives me a decent scrap lol, and actually comes close to toasting my so called godship lol