Weekly Poll Results - If you could remove one of the following from A2 Files, wh

Published by theStarfleetKid 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

If you could remove one of the following from A2 Files, which would it be?

Anyone with no sense of humor about donut jokes in the weekly poll. 27.7% (85)
Donuts. The joke has gone on too long and isn't really funny anymore. 26.1% (80)
Anyone who makes unnecessary, rude comments posted in the PotD. 19.6% (60)
The mods available for download, which are so badly made, they make my game CTD. 18.3% (56)
Anyone who steals mods or mod content, even "ports". 8.1% (25)
Start: 09-22-2008 14:15
Last: 09-29-2008 14:31

#1 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 14:24

OK, let me keep this short and to the point: THE DOUGHNUTS AREN'T FUNNY ANYMORE!!!! They were kinda cute for a little while, but can't you let a joke die honorably, instead of dragging its pathetic lifespan out into eternity? Just a thought. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#2 - Posted by: Eluvatar (Staff) on 09-22-2008 at 14:30

NOOOO!!! the donuts can never die :donut: I think I am going to start a donut clan...... :donut:

#3 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 14:45

Don't kill the donuts!! I implore voters not to vote to kill donuts! Second choice would be the rude commenters. Down with them and also 1 voters who bring down brilliant PotDs.

#4 - pfff, sez you CanadianBorg!! - Posted by: pacsouljah (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 15:04

The donut option in polls should be kept alive, want to know why? 'cause mods come and go, TCs come and go, heck even members come and go, BUT DONUTS ARE FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER... OK you get the point... I'm surprised that a fellow Canadian doesn't like the donut option, in fact, the first thing I check in any polls at A2 files is the donut option, and I always vote donut, only if that wasn't available would I vote for something else.

#5 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 15:37

To #4: You know you misspelled doughnut, right? -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#6 - Posted by: scooter69a (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 16:18

Tim Hortons timbits all the way :donut:

#7 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 16:24

It can be spelled either way and be correct. Donuts have been around A2 Files since nearly the beginning. Be a shame to throw them out now. There are mods about donuts. There are songs about donuts. There are forum threads about donuts. It has been said that some people come here only for the donuts. I'm not going to vote in this poll seeing as it was my idea. But if I did vote, I would vote "donut" proudly!:D

#8 - Posted by: apoclaydon (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 20:25

i guess doughnut option is like saying non of the above. i choose get rid of the mods that ctd (or atleast get them fixed)

#9 - Posted by: starfox1701 (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 00:10

I would get rid of them just move them to their own section. No telling what gems of ships and cool half developed ideas might be there.

#10 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 02:40

if we hold for am moment in a war about taste and ideology the vote should be clear: mods that dont work should be removed/corrected. the comments section show lots of examples about wrong ODFs that never get corrected or updated. lets change this - nothing is simpler than that.

#11 - DONUTS!!!!! - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 07:37

The Donuts here are like the Rosh jokes on JK3files, people may get tired of them, but they're here to stay. Besides, I like donuts. I am Rattler20200, and I approve this DONUT! :donut: (Couldn't resist :D )

#12 - Posted by: Captain_Kirk76 (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 08:05

Donut joke got old the first day it was done. It seriously needs dropping.

#13 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 09-24-2008 at 16:54

Remove the Donuts and I will send you all to the Dunkin Donuts that recently opened in Sto'vo'kor..right next to the starbucks

#14 - Posted by: theStarfleetKid (Staff) on 09-24-2008 at 18:18

Wait a second, all I have to do is never post another poll and I get to go to Sto'Vo'Kor? For a 'fleeter like me that's a pretty sweet deal. Unless it *smells* like Klingons in Sto'Vo'Kor, in which case I'm gonna have to pass. ;) :cool:

#15 - Doughnuts will never die. - Posted by: Chief_Chainsaw (Member) on 09-25-2008 at 01:07

Doughnuts will simply NEVER die. if i have to i'll start signing every danged post with something about a doughnut at the end,,, and oh yes I am just that petty and oh yes I have no life!! Long live the doughnut empire! Fire all jelly cannons and cream the enemy!

#16 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 09-25-2008 at 05:25

cream the enemy!

Ugh us Vulcans don't like cream

#17 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 09-26-2008 at 09:30

Rude posters. Can't stand them.

#18 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-26-2008 at 13:09

To #17: I know. Just makes you want to curse. Loudly. In Klingon. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?