Weekly Poll Results - In your experience of A2, what is the worst thing about th

Published by theStarfleetKid 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

In your experience of A2, what is the worst thing about this game?

That there will be no Armada III 59.7% (242)
The old graphics 17% (69)
The weak AI 16% (65)
The amount of time it takes to make your own version through modding 7.1% (29)
Start: 08-10-2008 06:58
Last: 08-17-2008 09:41

#1 - Posted by: Freyr (Staff) on 08-10-2008 at 07:13

And thanks to Ameba for the poll idea again. :) Personally, I think its the amount of time it takes to mod it to a high standard. I can mod the graphics up to the level of recent releases like EaW and my AI is feared for its deadly destructive powers. But I just takes so long to do...

#2 - Posted by: Firewarrior1705 (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 07:57

The thing I hate most is the ton load of time it takes to make my own mod. I've started it like 5 months ago and I'm still at 60% progress

#3 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 08:33

I'm just sad that there won't be an Armada III... Maybe the entire community could band together and make one? Just a thought... -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#4 - Old Graphics = Using A1 models - Posted by: Jetfreak (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 09:32

Definitely the old graphics for me, but it was expected anyway, A2's production was rushed.

#5 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 09:46

i agree with freyr - to make this a decent game it takes a lot of single mods - or freyrs vanilla ultimate we all are awaiting so desperatly. oh, talking about it - any release time, freyr :-)? (or does the FW-AI eat up your time?)

#6 - Posted by: Freyr (Staff) on 08-10-2008 at 12:05

Don't you already have a beta copy...? :) V2 is done, which is the standalone version for random copies of A2, however the Vanilla Ultimate release (for stock) has all of the single player maps redone to the new standards, the AI's updated, difficulty levels tweaked and a few other things. As a result this is going a little slower. It should be done at some point in the future. I'm not going to tie myself down to a specific date because I don't want to release it before its as good as it can get.

#7 - Vanilla Ultimate - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 15:55

Someone recommended you should use my transporter retextures in Vanilla Ultimate. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#8 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 01:24

and that was me - again :)

#9 - Posted by: cardassio (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 04:58

I wish I could vote on them all becouse I agree with all of them. (1) I also think its sad there not going to be no Armada 3 it would be nice if there were but. (2) Yes the AI is too weak. (3) Armada 2 graphics need a big update. (4) Yes I agree it take too long to mod or add ships has well. I hope one day they may not 100% may one day be any plans to make Armada 3 but that will never happen will it.

#10 - ArmadaIII - Posted by: Pizza_the_Hutt (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 12:02

Activision should release the source code for ArmadaII and let us make ArmadaIII from it.

#11 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 12:31

THE CANADIAN COLLECTIVE CONCURS. That was sort of my thought too. It seems great minds think alike, Pizza the Hutt. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#12 - options - Posted by: FUNimations (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 12:33

What happend to the choices -lame music -trading option

#13 - My take. - Posted by: Weatherbee (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 13:25

The graphics and AI really can't be helped. I mean, the graphics at least was cutting edge for it's time. It's kinda like yelling at super mario brothers 'cuz it's not 3D, and Armada + A2 are clasics to me. The difficulty to Mod is a problem, but there are enough pre-packaged mods around that it's not too bad, and after all, if you want to keep your hard-earned, hand built modded A2, just zip up your activision directory and chuck it onto a DVD to save. No, the worst thing is that there isn't an A3. ALL of the other problems could be taken care of in A3. Newer graphics and better programmed AI, who knows, maybe even a more modder-friendly file system. The fact that the series ended is the part I find saddest. Of course, that's just me.

#14 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 08-13-2008 at 13:43

The storyline... seriously, its weak as monkey's p*ss. Armada 1 was so much better.

#15 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 08-13-2008 at 13:48

I think it's the time it takes to mod it to your wants & needs. It takes days, and if you make one simple mistake, it could destroy your entire install! (Trust me, it's happened) :mad:

#16 - Posted by: apoclaydon (Member) on 08-14-2008 at 15:13

#17 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 08-15-2008 at 04:09

apocalydon says: "well i guess FO3 will be the closest we'll get to Armada 3 but like canadianborg sed mayb the comunity could band 2gether and make a "stock" A3 which would upgrade the stock a2 material and add a few ships/stations (not to many) to each race then people could use that as a new base for balacing and scaling (we could also include patch project 2.5 material into it such as MVAM and maxbuild number)" We could also build "pod" stations, for example shipyards. (Build the hub, then add a pod for one ship, and then add a pod for another, or just specialize the yard to make one kind of ship). We could also (possibly) include some of the race mods on the site, such as the Dominion, the Remans, etc. I know for sure I'd like to see my outlaws race mod featured in it once I finish it. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#18 - Posted by: theStarfleetKid (Staff) on 08-15-2008 at 14:58

I don't agree that FO3 will be Armada III. I think we've done more with A2 than the programmers did with A1 to turn it into A2. Does it upset me that there won't be a third? When I look at the mess that was made of the second.... nothing modding can't fix.... I'd rather the devil I know. :cool:

#19 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 08-16-2008 at 03:31

CB, most of this has been done in different mods. and as it goes with taste - i rather have different options with different mods, that an "unofficially" a2 community a3. isnt it better to have a wide variation of turns this can take than one that is supposed to be "better" in case of "right"? to put it short: a3 is already out. with every major mod that is developed here.