Weekly Poll Results - Other than Star Trek, which 'universe' most desperately ne

Published by Freyr 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Other than Star Trek, which 'universe' most desperately needs new mods?

Stargate 27.8% (154)
Star Wars 16.6% (92)
Battlestar Galactica 15% (83)
Babylon 5 9.6% (53)
Donuts: The Next Generation 7% (39)
Warhammer 40,000 6.5% (36)
The actual one (NASA etc) 6.1% (34)
Farscape 3.9% (22)
Other (comments welcome) 3.8% (21)
Firefly 3.2% (18)
Start: 06-30-2008 05:29
Last: 07-07-2008 05:25

#1 - Halo - Posted by: 1_Crazy (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 06:13

I like halo so I'd like to see halo mods . I can't mod...

#2 - Posted by: starfleetcommand3 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 06:36

Star Trek!!!!!!!!!

#3 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 06:50

Battlestar Galactica. A few Colonial ships wouldn't be too bad.

#4 - Freelancer and Halo.... - Posted by: Cpt_Pakundo (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 07:55

Both are favorites of mine... Lol, think about the Federation as Liberty... The Romulans as Rhienland... The Klingons as Bretonians... The Cardassians as Kusari... Species 8472 as... NOMADS!!!! No need to change the Borg, cause a Borg Cube will pwn the **** out of a Liberty Dreadnought ROFL... Oh, and think about Crossfire Mod for Freelancer... FOR Armada 2 lol...

#5 - Posted by: Intrepid781 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 09:59

I wanna see a stargate and battlestar galactica mod. Those are my 2 favorite shows and stargate has an abundance of ship types so theres lots to work with. BSG not so much but it isnt like its difficult to design new ship types.

#6 - Posted by: HMS_Frontier (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 11:19

Well I like star wars star gate and the origanal battle star galatica, I neaver realy liked farscape and I have heard of but not watched Babylon 5, as for the others I have neaver heard off them so I thing new star gate and star wars with a few real life battle star galatica and some doctor who mods would be good and of course more star trek as it is star trek armada 1 / 2

#7 - Posted by: HMS_Frontier (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 11:20

sorry for the duble post but I missed out andromeda wich defently needs some mods for it.

#8 - Posted by: starfox1701 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 11:40

I think they all do

#9 - Posted by: HighGuardKnight (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 11:57

Andromeda requires some love from the fans. I'm part of the AndrArmada team working on an Andromeda conversion (which is still in very early stages). However, I'd love to see other mods based on it, from a couple of different stand points

#10 - Posted by: Eluvatar (Staff) on 06-30-2008 at 13:38

yaya stargate and ya andromeda models would be cool to

#11 - Other Mods - Posted by: augur13 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 14:34

I'd like to see a Macross (Robotech) or a Gundam (not the robots but all the ships,and there's lots of examples there) mod , or for that matter even a Gradius or R-Type as well. There's a whole bunch of different choses that you can choose from not just those above. If more examples are needed just ask.

#12 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 15:17

I dont think we need a whole lot of new mods, but rather finish or upgrade some of the older half done ones.

#13 - two words... - Posted by: pacsouljah (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 20:20

Glorious-Heritage class, the high poly model from battleclinic.com. That's what I really, really want for armada 2. If the in-game pics look anything like the screenshots, then that's a hella kick-ass looking ship(even without the battleblades extended). Mmmm... just imagine a fleet of these babies showing up at your doorstep... total pwnage... drools...

#14 - Posted by: someddrnoob (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 21:01

FreeSpace 2 has been ignored for a while, we were promised an expansion to the original Total Conversion, such as the addition of the GTD Hecate to the GTVA fleet. I'm still waiting, oh well, time to :donut: while waiting...

#15 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 00:29

call me a purist - but my answer is: None. There is enough stuff in Trek itself.

#16 - Posted by: Ronmcd1076 (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 02:10

see, I was thinking Stargate/Babylon 5 mod with everybody beating the shadows, wraith, replicators, you know, the basics, lol

#17 - Posted by: Stu_1701D (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 02:35

Judging buy the size of each universe and what's been done already I'd have to say Stargate, though I think Firefly would be really interesting too.

#18 - Posted by: TrekerMonty (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 21:37

I'd like to see some ships from Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. I'd actually like to see them in BC or Legacy more, but I'd settle for A2 for a while. It's such a great game that seems to have slipped through the cracks. My second choice is StarCraft. I know there are very little "ships" to choose from, but there's the wraths, battlecruisers, carriers, scouts, cosairs.. etc. Not to mention the Zerg, they sure would be an interesting addition to A2.

#19 - Posted by: WerdBorg (Member) on 07-02-2008 at 01:32

Star Wars and Babylon 5 allready have mods for A2 here a filefront, I believe that Stargate and BSG should be added next as there was a planned stargate mod but that fell through as far as I can tell!

#20 - Posted by: starwarswins (Member) on 07-02-2008 at 17:52

I vote other. Other = Halo!

#21 - Posted by: KrrKs (Member) on 07-03-2008 at 06:03

a "Perry Rhodan" Total Conversion would be nice

#22 - Posted by: HighGuardKnight (Member) on 07-04-2008 at 00:37

@13 - We do use a poly-reduced version of the Andromeda from battleclinic in the AndrArmada mod. We can't use the model from Battleclinic as is, due to its massively high polycount. Keep an eye out, we'll upload some shots to PotD of the model in game :)

#23 - Posted by: elevatormusic (Member) on 07-04-2008 at 16:15

Farscape... out of the series' listed, it's the only one that has NO models on this site. Plus, I want wormhole weapons...

#24 - needed mods - Posted by: xtroortx (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 04:00

iI know its star trek but i am not a mod writer but i would like to see a Dark Univers mod with the imperial ISS Enterprise and the klingon cardasion union it could be very cool but i am not sure weather to base the time line in archers or kirks or sisco's time ? mmm.