Weekly Poll Results - What is your preferred source for new A2 ships and station

Published by theStarfleetKid 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What is your preferred source for new A2 ships and stations?

The contents of total conversions, blended into a personal mod, ship by ship. 32.2% (61)
Brand new designs never seen before, even if they take years to be released. 24.3% (46)
Ports from BC / Legacy, poly-reduced and with smaller textures. 22.7% (43)
Ports of designs from the Starfleet Command series. 12.1% (23)
Texture upgrades or total re-textures of old .SOD files. 3.1% (6)
New .SOD content that makes use of old textures. 3.1% (6)
Kitbashes of existing or stock meshes. 2.1% (4)
Start: 09-07-2008 18:34
Last: 09-15-2008 02:59

#1 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 19:07

I tend to do a little of everything, dabbling in all the disciplines of the arcane art that is Armada modding, and reveling in its power. This community of modding wizards works its magic, and "abracadabra", you have a completely redone game. Power to the people! -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#2 - Posted by: Achilles (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 00:07

when people complain they can't find many stations or particular ships I always doubt they've searched through the TCs, I've found everything in there.

#3 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 04:55

Barring that, you could search SFCFiles or BCFiles. There's a lot of good stuff there too. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#4 - Posted by: shadow_from_afc (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 07:37

You forgot one option: Self created ships and stations. ;) Personally I prefer to create my own material ( Feds and Borg at the moment).

#5 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 16:51

I tend to cherry pick things. Some from this, some from that. Some of the TC Mods do indeed have excellent stations, planets, or backgrounds. Some of the TC mods also have superb ships in them it is impossible to get anyplace else. My personal install has elements of seven or eight different mods in it. Not counting the various ships I've added over the years. My A2 has about 220 MB of added content over the stock game.

#6 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 05:08

My copy of A2 is approximately 3GB, from top to bottom. Half of it is unused because I found something better or I haven't gotten around to adding it yet, though. -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#7 - Posted by: phasertech (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 18:49

@ CanadianBorg that sounds like my old A1 file (which i had to eventually get rid of because i ran out of hard drive space by the time i got A2). i based it off of the "way of the warrior" mod on AFC, and it worked out pretty well. btw, as a general comment, i am surprised. there is no donut answer to this question!!! :eek: lol long live the donuts!

#8 - Posted by: Eluvatar (Staff) on 09-11-2008 at 17:09

Donuts+ships ftw

#9 - Posted by: theStarfleetKid (Staff) on 09-13-2008 at 11:32

"there is no donut answer to this question!!!" You go pick through that donut box for mod material. All you'll get is powdered frosting stuck in your hard drive. ;) :cool:

#10 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 09-13-2008 at 13:58

For those of you who want the donut option restored. http://armada2.filefront.com/file/DONUTS;69853 http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Birthday_Donut;79538 I have both of these installed. MMMMMMMM!