Weekly Poll Results - Which race do you LEAST like to play against when it is AI

Published by theStarfleetKid 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Which race do you LEAST like to play against when it is AI controlled?

None of the above. My genius allows me to defeat all of them handily. 21.7% (80)
Federation. So many different ships and all the AI does is spam Defiants. 16% (59)
Species 8472. All their Special Weapons look really icky. 15.8% (58)
Borg. I never stand a chance against TFC's and Diamonds 13.6% (50)
Romulans. I'm tired of Warbirds uncloaking right next to my base. 11.7% (43)
Cardassians. Too easy to kill so there is no challenge. 9.2% (34)
Klingons. Kill an attacking fleet, the AI makes the next one twice as big. 8.4% (31)
Non Stock Race. Please specify whom and why. 2.4% (9)
All of the above. Because I spend too much time fighting live players. 0.8% (3)
Start: 11-02-2008 18:09
Last: 11-09-2008 17:42

#1 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 11-02-2008 at 18:13

Achilles' Metathrans. Because no matter what I do (including cheating) they whip my ass handily.

#2 - The Borg - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 07:37

The Borg in my game spam Assimilators (with Multi-targetting Auto-Assimilation beams), Cubes (with Multi-targetting Holding beams) for attacking. They spam Heavily Shielded and armored Turrets/Starbases with (Multi-Targetting Holding beams AND Auto-Assimilators) to make a neary invincible defense.

#3 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 15:12

I would say the Borg because they make an a**imalation run and they come back and attack you with your favorite battleship with 27 phasers and shield-busting torpedoes and multiple Cubes. Yoooww!

#4 - @#3 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 18:55

Let me guess, true story?

#5 - Posted by: JChamberlain (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 12:54

The worst is when the borg assimilate one of your hero ships.

#6 - #4 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 13:37

Yes, it happened once while I was testing some of the ships I had added into my game. I had installed Freyr's AIPS from the Fed Single Player Campaign (dumb move, I know) and was playing around. Suddenly, they come with Tactical Cubes and a**imalate my Sovereign, Intrepid, and two Nebulas. Resistance is futile.

#7 - Posted by: F_Bobby (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 20:39

i cant stand playing against the AI from the Ultimate Dominion. It builds things twice as fast as i can. I roll my first Akira and Excelsior out to get hit by 3 to 5 strike cruisers. WTF?! Too bad my starbase Pwns all of them immediately afterwards. but still.

#8 - Posted by: FUNimations (Member) on 11-05-2008 at 00:53

whoever voted romulans, well, that's say alot about their strategy. Get some sensors.

#9 - Hmmmm..... - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 14:08

Based on the above tallies, it appears I'll have to crank up the pressure a notch when I start on the Instant Action AIPs