Weekly Poll Results - Which race has the best in-game voiceovers?

Published by theStarfleetKid 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Which race has the best in-game voiceovers?

Starfleet. 36.4% (136)
Borg. 26% (97)
Klingons. 22.2% (83)
Romulans. 7.7% (29)
8472. 4.2% (16)
Cardassians. 3.2% (12)
Start: 09-15-2008 03:38
Last: 09-22-2008 14:00

#1 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 04:42

I find I preferred the A1 Borg voices over the A2 ones, which is why i got the Borg voice mod available at the site.

#2 - none - Posted by: Stargazor_001 (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 07:08

all voiceovers could be better... CB, I agree A1 borgsounds > A2 borgsounds and A1 federation freightersounds > A2 fed freightersounds

#3 - Posted by: phasertech (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 14:36

yay go cardies i really liked their voiceovers. they really seemed pretty cardassian to me!

#4 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 17:52

None of the voiceovers really stand out as good, but the Feds squeaked out as the best. I do install the Borg, Romulan, and Klingon voiceovers routinely. I believe that the Klingon voiceovers are terrible, also.

#5 - Posted by: ameba (Member) on 09-16-2008 at 06:15

ferengi. only one, but a decent one :)

#6 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 09-16-2008 at 18:09

I agree with my fellow member of the Really Ancient Gamer/Modder Dudes. The Ferengi have the best ingame voiceovers in A2. They are the only ones who sound anything at all like they do in TNG, DS9, or VOY.

#7 - Posted by: TParis (Staff) on 09-18-2008 at 02:10

i agree, the Cardassian voice overs are great. I don't get why people voted for 8472, those voices are horrible :r

#8 - Posted by: pacsouljah (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 17:56

I actually thought the Klingons were pretty good, especially when martok laughs, that was pretty neat. As for species 8472, they shouldn't have been given actual voices, just different hissing sounds probably would have sufficed, given that they communicate telepathically, it'd be pretty difficult to imagine exactly how they sound like. As for the Federation, I think they have the most generic voice-overs in the game, the only voice that actually stood out is picards, and only because I'm such a sucker for Patrick Stewart.