Weekly Poll Results - Which ship is the best "-X" variant?

Published by Freyr 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Which ship is the best "-X" variant?

Galaxy-X 39.1% (148)
None of the above. X-variants are rubbish. 17.7% (67)
Donut-XXL 14.8% (56)
Sovereign-X 12.6% (48)
Prometheus-X 9.5% (36)
Intrepid-X 5.2% (20)
Other.... (tell us which one!) 0.7% (3)
Start: 07-21-2008 11:25
Last: 07-27-2008 00:47

#1 - Posted by: theStarfleetKid (Staff) on 07-21-2008 at 11:27

Note that the Federation class dreadnought --either TOS or TMP version-- aren't technically X-variants, but full-fledged Starfleet vessels. This poll is only for conjectural, not semi-canon, vessels. (And I realize the Galaxy-X is semi-canon since it appeared in more episodes than the Federation class dreadnought ever did..... but it happened in a possible future, not the present. So there.) :cool:

#2 - Posted by: Vouhaul (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 11:46

Eh i never really liked the idea of takeing a perfectly good ship and adding a third nacelle as it ruined the lines of many ships

#3 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 12:27

The Galaxy-X gets my vote because the developers actually made the ship look like it COULD have three nacelles. 2nd is the Donut-X. Yumyumyum! :donut:

#4 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 12:50

Galaxy-X, Hands down. Beautiful ship as a normal Galaxy, looks even better with 3 nacelles.

#5 - Posted by: startrekie (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 13:48

Galaxy X for sure. Really, that's the only "X" I've ever seen.

#6 - Posted by: Temporal (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 14:18

When they added that extra nacelle to the donut... perfection!

#7 - TMP - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 16:50

I would love to see a Constitution-X, or maybe an Excelsior-X.

#8 - Posted by: TrekerMonty (Member) on 07-21-2008 at 19:43

I never really liked the X variants. I'm not as strongly against them as I used to be, but I still think they should have sent the spare nacelles to the scrap yard for recycling instead of sticking them on random ships. I'm surprised no one's made a Defiant-X with a third nacelle wing sticking out of the top and a third pulse phaser emitter.

#9 - #8 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 07-24-2008 at 07:48

They have 2 cannons per nacelle, so that would add cannons 5 & 6.