Weekly Poll Results - You're losing badly (for once) playing multiplayer, withou

Published by theStarfleetKid 9 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

You're losing badly (for once) playing multiplayer, without any real reason why. Be honest. You:

....hide in a corner of the map, and try to rebuild your base. 56.4% (236)
....mount one last desperate charge against the enemy defenses. 36.1% (151)
....wait for defeat to come to you without doing anything much to stop it. 2.3% (10)
....surrender/quit as soon as the odds turn against you. 2.1% (9)
....pretend --to be out of the room, that the power went out, anything to avoid losing. 1.4% (6)
....begin making as many excuses as possible via chat. 1.4% (6)
Start: 12-17-2008 15:14
Last: 12-24-2008 17:08

#1 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 12-17-2008 at 15:52

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE! GRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#2 - Posted by: rikkardnovacat (Member) on 12-17-2008 at 15:54

first thing i do is send a construction ship away from my base to hide -Rikkardnovacat from the capital of the guy above

#3 - Posted by: Eluvatar (Staff) on 12-17-2008 at 16:11

wow most of the time when I play rts games online they just quit and I get mad

#4 - Posted by: thunderfoot006 (Member) on 12-17-2008 at 17:01

I will try to take out the strongest person or the one who is doing the most damage to me. I will at least have the satisfaction of knowing the person most responsible for my impending doom will be joining me very shortly. Sure they will survive me. By about 0.003 milliseconds. Mua. Ha. Ha. Ha.

#5 - Posted by: undedavenger (Member) on 12-17-2008 at 22:12

I guess I'm a true Klingon warrior at heart. I fling myself recklessly across the map, guns blazing. You might be surprised how often it works. As for hiding and rebuilding your base, not a bad idea, though I'd rather hide a sizeable fleet in a metaphasic nebula or in a less-traveled area of the map, and when my opponent thinks I'm gone, and sends his ships out to look for the last pathetic remnants, I execute the aforementioned charge and tear his base up. I have never committed the cowardly act of quitting just because I'm losing. That's childish, bad sportsmanship, in short, what Worf would say is "without honor". "Hear! Sons of Kahless Hear! Daughters too. The blood of battle washes clean. The Warrior brave and true. We fight, we love, and then we kill. Our lives burn short and bright. Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet where we battle forever, battling on through the Eternal fight." - The Warrior's Anthem

#6 - Posted by: Saije (Member) on 12-18-2008 at 01:02

I really like #5's idea of hiding a badass fleet in a nebula and if you lose your base get some sweet revenge. If I ever actually play A2 online and get my butt handed to me, I think I might try that...

#7 - Posted by: jlp47at (Member) on 12-18-2008 at 08:28

I usually have some trouble, so I keep a construction ship ready to cut and run... Hopefully with at least an Akira for escort duty or a dilithium freighter...

#8 - Posted by: FahreS (Member) on 12-18-2008 at 11:18

haha, i did win a match because the winners did quit before they had destroyed my last scout ship :D

#9 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 12-19-2008 at 08:55

Sinking ship - load all turrets and batteries and let loose..if you go down, go down with your boots on

#10 - Posted by: Straxx (Member) on 12-20-2008 at 14:48

If overwhelmed by the enemy, I choose to go down fighting, like the Jem'Hadar!! Obedience brings victory, and victory is life!!

#11 - Posted by: Freyr (Member) on 12-21-2008 at 03:02

I demonstrate why I was once ranked a Supreme Commander by making it so expensive to attack me that nobody actually wants to lose the couple of fleets it would take to wipe me out. So they go after someone else and I rebuild. That, or I make killing me off expensive enough for my opponent to remember with a little trepidation the next time we cross paths.