Weekly Poll Results - Your sole surviving adversary has no hope of defeating you

Published by theStarfleetKid 9 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Your sole surviving adversary has no hope of defeating you. You choose to:

Give him an opportunity to stage a comeback-- then finish the job. 33.3% (115)
Use super weapons or artillery to pound him into submission. 17.3% (60)
Send waves of relentless assaults, to finish him off. 17.3% (60)
Demand his honorable surrender and blockade him until he quits. 11.3% (39)
Attack patiently to minimize your casualties and force him to give up. 11% (38)
Mock him mercilessly via chat, then finish him off with one final blow. 8.4% (29)
Quit yourself-- what's the point in finishing him off anyway.... 1.1% (4)
Start: 01-25-2009 16:49
Last: 02-01-2009 17:28

#1 - Posted by: Vice_Admiral_Svar (Member) on 01-25-2009 at 17:36

I'd say, let him/her send a feeble attack force and let my inpregable bulwark take care of him/her. (my strategy is all the defenseless stations grouped together, surrounded by starbases, and then several layers of turrets), and then send the coolest little stock ships in the game (the Steamrunners and Raptors) to pound the living hell out of his/her base, with a few Sovereigns, Galaxies, and Excelsiors (can't play A2 without them) to wipe out anything he sends to challenge the artillery. So both of the top two.

#2 - Posted by: NimoStar (Member) on 01-27-2009 at 08:48

Artillery and superweapons are the coolest way, you defeat them slow and steady with artillery or one final glorious undefendable blow with klingon or romulan phoenix... mwahahahahahaha. If you are the borg use the fusion cubes! :borg:

#3 - Posted by: Freyr (Member) on 01-27-2009 at 11:18

Where as I just walk in with more battleships than most people care to count blowing shooting up anything in sight. Its far quicker than messing around with artillery ships. And you never "give someone a chance". People that do this are not going to let their opposition get to the point where they are a threat so all it is doing it prolonging the game while you gloat, which is hardly good sport! Either your playing the game to win, or your trying to lose the match. Personally, I wouldn't want to win a game where the other person had let me win.

#4 - Posted by: undedavenger (Member) on 01-27-2009 at 15:42

I've been known to let the other player struggle along, thinking they can make a comeback, all the while racking up economy points. I do this in SP as well. Once the other guy inevitably messages me that he's getting tired of playing, I move in and finish him off. I'll usually pound 'em with artillery until their starbase has lost weapons control and then skirt around their base with impunity. To keep this from happening to me, early in the game I send out a construction ship with one or two escorts and hide it in a nebula, etc. If my fortifications get pared down, I'm already building another base elsewhere.